Our first AFLW squad: finalised, 30 + 3 top-ups

Maddy’s instagram bio mentions the club she played for this season, but her sister’s no longer does…

Interesting.

2 Likes

ANNOUNCE PRESPAKIS x 2

4 Likes

ANNOUNCE SOMETHING!

Get stuffed, bin chickens!

1 Like

Ha, the bin chickens may have announced Collier before the AFL even finalised the poaching rules.

They’re special.

They believe the expansion signing period [i.e. poaching season] will run in late April, with the full AFLW Sign and Trade Period to begin in early May.

The NAB AFLW Draft could be held in late May/early June, with pre-season to begin a few weeks later in mid-late June.

Some quick decisions will need to be made by clubs, with the AFLW Grand Final now fixtured for April 9, and AFLW player contracts expiring in mid-April.

It has also been confirmed players who have signed two-season contracts during last year’s Trade Period can still walk to an expansion club if approached and they’re willing to make the move.

As context to the above, the VFLW H&A season finishes at the end of May, and the above speculation has AFLW training starting during the finals.

It’s gonna be chaos.

Wish it were true.
However it’ll be most likely that Georgie remains with the Cats.

Maddie may still be a small chance.
Like , why would you want to play for FC?

I’m told discussions well under way with players from other clubs.

In fact, one current Bulldog is considering a big money offer the club has made…

I’ve seen enough. Sign Danielle Marshall already.

1 Like

I’ve mentioned before she’s from the same community club my kids and I play at, so I have an interest in following her career. @theDJR @PH_WARFRadio Do you think Zanchetta is playing herself back on to a an AFLW list?

She’s doing very well.

Leading the league for handballs, fifth for disposals.

Her composure is excellent.

Get Frew quickly.

Kaitlyn Ashmore’s mum replied to me on Twitter (re: suggest Alana might have been signed) saying 'I’m sure there will be a few announcements this week".

Is… is… is… ‘Kashy’ leaving North and coming to us??

1 Like

https://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/aflw/aflw-trade-news-erin-phillips-and-adelaide-teammates-to-play-basketball-bulldog-and-giant-consider-futures/news-story/b1d98c33dbb191017152d624df2a9114

Can’t read it, but I think it may make @theDJR happy.

Edit: Hmmm… It’s meant to be an article about Essendon making a huge offer to Madison Prespakis, but the link sounds completely different.

1 Like

The second part of that headline is presumably the Huntington to GWS rumour come true. Be like that!

Phillips is very obviously going to be Port’s #1 target. Adelaide will want to win the premiership today, because like GWS they’re getting plundered big time by their newbie neighbours.

Timing makes sense (Prespakis won her third FCFC B&F this week, so can politely nick off now).

1 Like
14 Likes

Ladies and Gentlemen… we got 'em!

6 Likes

Faark Carltank

2 Likes

ANNOUNCE PRESPAKIS x1

AWAITING ANNOUNCEMENT OF PRESPAKIS x2

4 Likes

Lauren Wood and Daniel Cherney also reporing Maddy P had officially requested to leave Fark Carlton and JOIN THE GREATEST FOOTBALL CLUB IN THE KNOWN UNIVERSE!!!

Welcome Home Maddy Prespakis!

9 Likes

FARK YEAH, AND FARK CARLTON!

(Announce Moody tomorrow)

2 Likes

<< fist-pumping down High Street >>

1 Like