Our Ruck Stocks

On a serious note, I’d play Smack over TBC and Leuenberger.

We are getting over-run regularly. While Smack will make us weaker in the ruck, he does offer more run then the other gents.

1 Like

Says its all really

Lol, … as if that’s a true indication of the height differential?? Blind fkn Freddie could see how SMcK is almost kneeling.[quote=“samwoods, post:61, topic:10404, full:true”]
On a serious note, I’d play Smack over TBC and Leuenberger.

We are getting over-run regularly. While Smack will make us weaker in the ruck, he does offer more run then the other gents.
[/quote]

Also, SMck is on the rookie list, and we already upgraded McNiece for Lav, so he can’t just come into the side at will. A lot of posters seem unaware of this pesky fact.

Point missed.
Comprehensively

Really? Do tell then.

What exactly is the all that that photo so clearly & obviously says?

I’ve pretty much written off Belly and Leuey.

They are simply doorstops until we can find our next gun ruck. Both have too many limitations when compared to best rucks in league. Bellys best was forever ago, lack of endurance can’t be covered for in modern game.

If we could somehow merge all of Belly, Leuey and Smack Captain Planet style we’d have a gun!

Draper is also going to take a long time to come on.

We need to find someone else.

Tigers have done well of recent times poaching Maric from Crows and Nank from Swans. That 3rd stringer with potential is what we need to do.

Problem is we will never lure them whilst have both Leuey and Belly on list.

1 Like

Haven’t written off Tommy yet, … not by a long shot.

2 Likes

err…isnt that the point. His timing is way off.

Having said that I’m happy to have him back in the side.

Yeah, … I’m not even sure it shows anything but that he may have been out-positioned, missed the timing, or o/wise fked up in that instance in truth.

The only thing I think you can definitively extrapolate from it, … is that even when there’s no chance of doing the job he’s been tasked with, & getting the tap, … he still doesn’t give up with his effort, … or hope!! :wink:

Also might say that, when you are clearly outsized, and yet still try your absolute hardest to beat your opponent, . you can be made to look awkward with that extra effort, and trial & error as you try to find a way to overcome your * cough* , _short_comings.

When you quickly look at this thread’s title, it looks like “Our Ruck Sucks”.

2 Likes

Bellchambers has never been any good.

1 Like

His kneeling technique was very effective that night.

1 Like

Big Cox, anyone?

As a ruckman it’s probably more beneficial to have long legs or arms.

7 Likes

Why was that post withdrawn?

Speedy_Gonzales likes Big Cox.

2 Likes

Speedy you rapscallion.

2 Likes

/fxd

2 Likes

Luey isn’t half as bad as people here are making out, he is OK in the hit outs and works very hard, averaging 5 tackles per game this season.

He was very good against Grundy on Anzac day and was integral in our midfield getting it done vs one that is, quite frankly, better than ours.

You can go ruckless, ala the doggies, but this requires a serious commitment to defensive pressure from the midfield, and that aint our game.

3 Likes

I think we are overstating our ruck problems. There are only a handful of ruckmen in the game now that do much more than Luey and TBell do.
Sandilands is a behemoth and on his own level as a tap ruckmen, but he too does very little around the ground.
Goldstein used to do more but not so much now… Gawn was outstanding, and Natanui when fit is the ultimate combination of tap ruckman and mobile ball winner. Ryder is about the next best.
So that’s about 3 currently playing (Sandilands, Ryder and Gawn when fit again).
Who else is much different to Luey and TBell?
Mumford has a lot to offer, but doesn’t take many marks or kick goals.

1 Like