Our top 5

Colyer is in our top 5 most current players imo. I reckon he's vital

I’m not sure about that. Don’t get me wrong I think Trav is a very good player but I see him competing with Fanta and Tippa for a game day spot.

Fanta has very good forward craft and can push into the midfield, Tippa is a beast with elite disposal.

Trav is quick (very quick) but doesn’t have the forward nous of Fanta or the disposal of Tippa (even though he has improved).

Will be interesting to see where he fits in next year.

Colyer is in our top 5 most current players imo. I reckon he's vital

He’s not in our top 10

Colyer is a break away midfielder, i dont see him competing with tippa or fanta for a spot. Different roles

If you forget how good he is, re watch his last quarter against hawthorn & st kilda in 15. I reckon he’s our barometer. When he’s on, we win. Byt, each to their own

Colyer is a break away midfielder, i dont see him competing with tippa or fanta for a spot. Different roles

If you forget how good he is, re watch his last quarter against hawthorn & st kilda in 15. I reckon he’s our barometer. When he’s on, we win. Byt, each to their own

I agree he is a good player, just beyond pace I don’t see what his weapon is. Tippa can provide the same break away via agility/evasion + elite disposal.

Who would you take out of the team to include Colyer? I want to, I just can’t think of who.

I agree he is a good player, just beyond pace I don’t see what his weapon is. Tippa can provide the same break away via agility/evasion + elite disposal.

Who would you take out of the team to include Colyer? I want to, I just can’t think of who.

knows how to kick a goal, is as hard as anyone at the ball, good above head, with elite pace

combine those and you have a very good player, which is what colyer was in 2014/15

For his size he’s a very good mark overhead. I think he’s gone from a terrible kick to one of the better in our sides too. Isnt afraid to pull the trigger with hard kicks. So them 2, along with pace are 3 real weapons imo. I think tipps will be a forward. If not, a half back. Dont ever see him being a midfielder mainly.

I dont know why we’re talking about who we’d have to take out the side. We lack midfielders like trav. He picks himself, even if you dont rate him as important as i do, i think its silly to not think he is EASILY best 22

For starters his foot and hand skills are a whole lot better than most of the players in the team. He and Colyer great little duo. Zaharakis is the one who is going to have to lift his game. As it stands for 2017, I doubt he would be in best 22.

For his size he’s a very good mark overhead. I think he’s gone from a terrible kick to one of the better in our sides too. Isnt afraid to pull the trigger with hard kicks. So them 2, along with pace are 3 real weapons imo. I think tipps will be a forward. If not, a half back. Dont ever see him being a midfielder mainly.

I dont know why we’re talking about who we’d have to take out the side. We lack midfielders like trav. He picks himself, even if you dont rate him as important as i do, i think its silly to not think he is EASILY best 22

I agree he’a easily best 22 if he gets back to his 2014/2015 form. I love Trav and I hope his best footy is ahead of him.
But he’s had 2 good half seasons and done nothing in his career before that. Nowhere near best 5 based on that. His importance was high due to our lack of pace, it that appears to be less of a problem now so less need to bump up his imortance

I agree he’a easily best 22 if he gets back to his 2014/2015 form. I love Trav and I hope his best footy is ahead of him.
But he’s had 2 good half seasons and done nothing in his career before that. Nowhere near best 5 based on that. His importance was high due to our lack of pace, it that appears to be less of a problem now so less need to bump up his imortance

Line breaking speed is hard to get too much of. I would have Colyer and Zakka in the midfield, with Walla and Raz in attack, and even McKenna in my best 22 with the proviso that he is included so he can continue to improve at AFL level and become best 22 off a HBF, so we have some run out of defence. There would still be Watson, Heppell, Zerrett, Parish, Hocking and Myers to provide the grunt in the midfield and off the bench.

Pace is important and I could see Colyer being top 5, although it must be acknowledged he hasn’t had the opportunity to play enough of a season to be rated top 5 yet.

I will do my top 5 properly this time:

1. Zach Merrett - because he is our current elite form player.
  2. Dyson Heppell - All Oz and the heart of the team bridging the young and the senior.
  3. Hurley - All Oz - Attack out of defence and maybe in attack to.
  4. Hooker - All Oz -As above and has the application to be an elite forward if that is what is needed (depends on Francis development).
  5. Watson - Brownlow, All Oz and because I want him to find his best form and “Stick it right up 'em”, and we know is best is the best.

Apologies to Joe, because there wouldn’t be enough goals without him and he also delivers the ball forward better than most of our midfielders.
Apologies to Raz because if he finds his beast mode, that will make us a scary side to play
And Parish, Walla, Trav and Francis all have the potential to be elite next year, and still have a lot of improvement in them, whether that is next year or soon after we shall see. Really hoping Trav continues to build like he has in previous years, and that will get him there if it does happen.

There’s more than enough room for Colyer, Fantasia and Tippa. Colyer is a more complete player than either of the latter two at this point and would likely be selected before either of them especially for a midfield role, although I’d imagine Raz and Tippa have potentially higher ceilings.

Look how far he ran to kick that goal best 22 easily.

Hawhtorn

I cancelled my LIKE like when I realised you didn’t mean this goal:
Hawhtorn
I cancelled my LIKE like when I realised you didn’t mean this goal:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XTyN0-nF59Y

BT - “They looked defunked”

lols.

Hahaha wow. So many ‘moments’ in that game in such a short space of time. The Colyer goal, the what the ■■■■■■ hell is he doing there Hooker goal and the famous Paddy Ambrose tackle. At that stage we were playing with the weight off our shoulders, hopefully more of that next season!

Hahaha wow. So many 'moments' in that game in such a short space of time. The Colyer goal, the what the ■■■■■■ hell is he doing there Hooker goal and the famous Paddy Ambrose tackle. At that stage we were playing with the weight off our shoulders, hopefully more of that next season!

Very Dogs like those last few minutes of play.

Wow Fletcher is a marvel.

top 5 number 5s;
hird
td
stants
Shaw
Baring

would have been fkd without google there

Man, that centre bounce before the Hooker goal the brave, courageous one squibbed big time when he saw Ambrose coming the other way

Current top 5

1. Zerrett
  2. Heppell
  3. Hurley
  4. Hooker
  5. Watson

Top 5 by round 1 2018

1. Zerrett
  2. Heppell
  3. Hurley
  4. Langford
  5. Francis

Current

1. Watson (your all forgetting how good he is!)
  2. Hooker
  3. Heppell
  4. Zerrett
  5. Hurley

Future

1. Zerrett
  2. Heppell
  3. Walla
  4. Daniher
  5. Hurley