Overseas Blitzers

Every time I look around the train in the morning I think I'm in Mumbai.

If there is still enough room for you to inhale … you are not on a train in Mumbai!

Mumbai a place where you feel a lot like a sardine. First time in my life, I have had to walk sideways for so long. So many people everywhere.
BLITZ: world domination is the plan.

At this rate we could have a BB’er in every country :slight_smile:

My son is going to live in Guatemala at the end of November. :’(

Reckons he is going to join BB when he gets there.

(will not join coz I’m here) but reckons it’s OK to be a member of a site your MUM is on when you live in another country. :smiley:

Hi miss Ellie, none of my business but just of curiosity… why Guatemala?

As far as Central America goes I’d highly recommend Nicaragua as a place to live over pretty much every other country in that neck of the woods.

Honduras, El Salvador and to a lesser extent Guatemala can be pretty dangerous (just in the main cities in Guatemala), while Costa Rica and Panama are very safe but not as fun.

Nicaragua is probably my favourite country in the whole of Latin America. Managua can be a bit sketchy but for the most part it’s amazing. Wouldn’t recommend it for the Spanish though, very strong Venezuelan/Costeño type accents.

No problem. :slight_smile:

Will be living in Antigua, is doing volunteer work in an orphanage, teaching English to young children.

He went to Central America mid 2015 for 5 months, think he has fallen in love with Central America. The opportunity re oprphanage came along, so he took up the offer.

Must admit while I am really happy for him to be able to do this, I do worry re safety.

Washington DC represent

HTTR!

Medan, North Sumatra. Moving to Tuk Tuk, Samosir Island, in Lake Toba before Christmas.

I thought you were supposed to move byTuk Tuk Captain Jack?? :smiley:

Tuk Tuks are the dreaded, loud, smelly, unsafe and expensive 3 wheel taxis in Bkk. It is also a place, in Indonesia.

Called Pechuk in Indonesia.

To the person who lives in Paris

I hate you.

Go cubs

Khaotalo, Chonburi, Thailand. Six live AFL games every week. Three games of golf every week also live @ about $35 per game including Ride on Buggy Green Fee & Caddy at 25-30 courses & 30 degrees all year round. Who says retirement sucks?

Khaotalo, Chonburi, Thailand. Six live AFL games every week. Three games of golf every week also live @ about $35 per game including Ride on Buggy Green Fee & Caddy at 25-30 courses & 30 degrees all year round. Who says retirement sucks?

Believe they have female caddies in Thailand - That particular area of Thailand is a haven for golf courses.

Osaka, Japan.

I’ll give you advice where to go while in town, but I’m antisocial and will make up an excuse why I can’t meet you.

Coolabah?

Osaka, Japan.

I’ll give you advice where to go while in town, but I’m antisocial and will make up an excuse why I can’t meet you.

Coolabah?

Yeah, I believe that’s still around. I haven’t had to seek out Aussie bars nor sports bars in the city since the AFL starting offering its o/s streaming subscriptions a few years back. It made watching games from my home out in the burbs with a fridge full of coldies the top option.

(will not join coz I’m here) but reckons it’s OK to be a member of a site your MUM is on when you live in another country. :smiley:

As far as Central America goes I’d highly recommend Nicaragua as a place to live over pretty much every other country in that neck of the woods.

Honduras, El Salvador and to a lesser extent Guatemala can be pretty dangerous (just in the main cities in Guatemala), while Costa Rica and Panama are very safe but not as fun.

Nicaragua is probably my favourite country in the whole of Latin America. Managua can be a bit sketchy but for the most part it’s amazing. Wouldn’t recommend it for the Spanish though, very strong Venezuelan/Costeño type accents.

Will be living in Antigua, is doing volunteer work in an orphanage, teaching English to young children.

He went to Central America mid 2015 for 5 months, think he has fallen in love with Central America. The opportunity re oprphanage came along, so he took up the offer.

Must admit while I am really happy for him to be able to do this, I do worry re safety.

I am in Nicaragua now after having just spent nearly 3 weeks in Guatemala. Agree on the Nic Spanish - their accent is difficult, and I say that despite me being close to conversationally fluent in the language and also being very accustomed to the accent as my girlfriend is Nicaraguan!

Antigua is a great place to learn the language, if that’s something he wants to do while living there - I can personally recommend Don Pedro de Alvarado as being excellent. As far as safety goes, Antigua is very safe - it is full of tourists, volunteer workers and students learning Spanish, and has a strong police presence.

Believe they have female caddies in Thailand - That particular area of Thailand is a haven for golf courses.

Correct, they have a bevy of female caddies, and they are damn good at their job. They are trained well in advance, and know the distance to each flag after every shot. l lived right next to Thana City golf course for 3 years. After work on a Friday we would dash over and play 9 holes, because it would too dark too soon to fit in a dull round. l ended up with a fave caddy, by the name of ‘Boy’ but l never found out how she got that nickname. Anyway after a hole or two she could tell how well, or badly l was playing, and she would choose my club for the next shot. She wouldn’t give me the club l asked for, if l wasn’t hitting it very well.

A couple of times we saw a group of new caddies walking the course in a large group, and stopping to judge distances etc. Thana City had about 400 caddies in all, but not all of them were on duty at once. Koreans would bus in large groups and hire two or three caddies, one for clubs, one to drive the buggy and another to open the beers.

This thread is making me depressed.

I am in Nicaragua now after having just spent nearly 3 weeks in Guatemala. Agree on the Nic Spanish - their accent is difficult, and I say that despite me being close to conversationally fluent in the language and also being very accustomed to the accent as my girlfriend is Nicaraguan!

Antigua is a great place to learn the language, if that’s something he wants to do while living there - I can personally recommend Don Pedro de Alvarado as being excellent. As far as safety goes, Antigua is very safe - it is full of tourists, volunteer workers and students learning Spanish, and has a strong police presence.

Thank you, you just brought a smile from ear to ear from me, re safety.

He did a six month course (twice a week) in Spanish via Skype (finished last week), intends to continue once he arrives. Think he struggled a bit with it.

Thanks also for your recommendation, will certainly pass it on.

Now I just wanna play golf.

Tokyo (Japan)

Correct, they have a bevy of female caddies, and they are damn good at their job. They are trained well in advance, and know the distance to each flag after every shot. l lived right next to Thana City golf course for 3 years. After work on a Friday we would dash over and play 9 holes, because it would too dark too soon to fit in a dull round. l ended up with a fave caddy, by the name of ‘Boy’ but l never found out how she got that nickname. Anyway after a hole or two she could tell how well, or badly l was playing, and she would choose my club for the next shot. She wouldn’t give me the club l asked for, if l wasn’t hitting it very well.

A couple of times we saw a group of new caddies walking the course in a large group, and stopping to judge distances etc. Thana City had about 400 caddies in all, but not all of them were on duty at once. Koreans would bus in large groups and hire two or three caddies, one for clubs, one to drive the buggy and another to open the beers.

Indonesia also has many female golf caddies - Unsure whether their technical knowledge is at the same level as their Thai counterparts.

Indonesia also has many female golf caddies - Unsure whether their technical knowledge is at the same level as their Thai counterparts.

We are also looking into building our own bechak. Not the rickety old things that get around here but a fully enclosed jobbie. l have a rough design already worked out. Or we could just go up to Wena’s village and buy one that was being worked on there. Cost? About $2,000 A, with motorbike.

Osaka, Japan.

Coolabah?

Yeah, I believe that’s still around. I haven’t had to seek out Aussie bars nor sports bars in the city since the AFL starting offering its o/s streaming subscriptions a few years back. It made watching games from my home out in the burbs with a fridge full of coldies the top option.

Lived there for a year in 2012.

Your username is out of the top drawer.