P@ssword has to be what?

So… I haven’t been around here in a while.

I had to reset my password.

One of my biggest gripes about the internet is how places that I have to log in to decide what my password complexity must be, rather than giving me the freedom to make upo my own mind.

This is the first time I’ve come across something that forces me to create a 10 character minimum password.

I really don’t think my account here is so awesome that it requires the longest password in the internets…

I am about 99.999% certain to forget this one before I come back here again.

Why can’t I just use my old password?

edit: I can’t even type password in the title either!?!?!?!!?

Welcome to Nannyblitz

1 Like

Cyril

Consider using pass phrases instead of passwords. They’re more secure and easier to remember.

Example password ‘Pa55wor@dz1!’

Example passphrase ‘The cat was born in August!’

Sounds like a good idea …

More like WhingeBlitz

1 Like

r u ok?

2 Likes

“Eat my balls mate”

2 Likes

Fixed.

4 Likes

Jetta0touches

C00ly0urJetzm0dl0ver

1 Like

TH3Mil0THR3AD

Whyi5theanzacdaygam3play3donanzacday

1 Like

Habibplz

C@nf1llMCGbutN0t2cAp@city

h0wmanywh!ngepeoplehave

Filled but not to capacity.

F@rkC@rlt0nDRY

I work in IT and before xkcd:936 I really felt like I was banging my head against a wall when I tried to explain to people all that was wrong in the (online and corporate) world about passwords, so I appreciate deeply that this place actually only has length as a complexity requirement.

My sticking point is, why can’t I decide what level of security my own stuff requires.

It’s not like my account here has any real value to anyone. If someone wanted to spam the site, it would be easier to just create their own account…

Edit: xkcd link

1 Like

Because you don’t bare the burden on storing passwords in this instance?

1 Like