Parking situation at Rod Laver Arena

So with the trains from Frankston, Sandringham etc not getting running any closer the the city than Caulfield, I’m looking to drive the family to Rod Laver today.
I looked up info on parking but when I tried to pre-book parking it says sold out.
Anyone know if there would still be a heap of casual parking available assuming we get there reasonably early?
Or does sold out mean no one can park without a ticket?
(Apparently Yarra Park is closed for parking unless you’re disabled or accredited etc)

park in docklands and catch the 70 tram to the precinct.

Park at Crown and do the long walk along south bank if you get desperate.

1 Like

Game at the MCG today too, you are COOKED.

1 Like

western suburbs trains are working

Iirc on Sundays you can park on Swan st or Church st for free (If you’re willing to walk that far / cop the tram fare)

Wilson parking offers pre-booking. There is a car park in Exhibition St that is quite close to RLA. But, it can be crap trying to get in/out of depending on traffic levels.

1 Like

Im picturing wannebe looking for parking today

6 Likes

Yarra Park was basically closed yesterday too. So annoying. I hate the residents of East Melbourne

1 Like

Traffic/egress was dire yesterday. No trains and a prang on the Monash conspired to make it a painful trip in from the south. Tried a car park in Flinders Lane which let me in and, on finding it devoid of free spaces bar ‘reserved’ slots, charged me $16.40 for the privilege of driving around it aimlessly for 10 minutes. The one next door was fine and it only took us 42 minutes to exit from it after the game. Just under four hours travel time for a round trip. Thank Christ we won…

4 Likes

Park at Burnley station & take the Lilydale or Glen Waverley train to Richmond.

1 Like

Thanks for all the comments.
Turns out there was casual parking still available, though traffic was so messed up it took 1 hour 20 min from Southland/Cheltenham to Rod Laver, where I let the Mrs out of the car with the kids just before getting into the car park. Said only 200 spots left so I’d say we just made it.
I was kind of hoping I’d have to park far away, miss the show, have a beer in a random pub and then pick them up, but it was pretty good watching the kids rock out to Disney on Ice.

4 Likes

Did you dress up as Elsa?