Past Essendon Games on VHS

Hi Blitzers,

I have a couple of tote boxes full of old VHS videos of Essendon games from 80s, 90s and 2000s. Most are replays from 7 and 2. I am moving house and am prepared to donate them to a willing owner. I have digitized some but now have better things to do with my time (like fight for our 34). Send a message on Blitz. Please don’t ask for specific games or to sort and catalogue. It is all or nothing. You can even take the tote boxes. Cheers

Message sent.

Dave, they are yours.

I will be leaving Melbourne tomorrow and back in town on Sunday. I will around Pascoe Vale on Sunday afternoon.

Yeah, I wouldn’t hang around for the “grand” final either.

DJR, sorfed sent me the mother of all crates containing SO many games from 1996-2002ish. I’m doing winning games only. Slowly.

Maybe we can confer so we don’t double up?

Dell,

I am not sure what it is you are after. I gave all my VHS videos to DJR. Please advise.

I’ve pretty much got that era covered from my own stash (dating back to 1991).

Bomber5au’s stash included about 20 tapes from the 80s though!

Sooooooo… to transfer to digital, or play Civilization 6? Not enough time.

David,

Did you book your ticket for the symposium yet?

Bob

Yep. Do you actually need to print them, or is phone enough?

I’m not really a tech wizz but if it were me I’d be printing the ticket

I’m a bit younger than you guys (I assume) and most events I got to these days will have scanners which can scan barcodes etc. off your phone screen.

I’ve pretty much got that era covered from my own stash (dating back to 1991).

Bomber5au’s stash included about 20 tapes from the 80s though!

Sooooooo… to transfer to digital, or play Civilization 6? Not enough time.

Just found a VHS taped copy of our last finals win against Melbourne:

http://afltables.com/afl/stats/games/2004/051120040904.html

Going through a heap of old VHS tapes this week. Quite surprised at how many games I recorded. Also surprised at how 100% of them are wins.

Going through a heap of old VHS tapes this week. Quite surprised at how many games I recorded. Also surprised at how 100% of them are wins.
Not at all surprised. I kept very few losses; examples include the 1991 windsock game versus WCE and the 1993 shootout versus Nth Melb.
Not at all surprised. I kept very few losses; examples include the 1991 windsock game versus WCE and the 1993 shootout versus Nth Melb.

Found a game in which Courtney Johns kicked 3 in a quarter. Looked so good.

Clearing out my parent’s shed on the weekend I found a copy of the 84 and 85 grand finals taped off the telly. Happy to mail them to anyone who wants them? Otherwise I’m just going to turf them.

Also found the 99 FA Cup and European Cup finals (Man Utd treble). Same deal.