Paul Chapman

Some people are thinking of chappy from a few years back, not the 2013 version .

He’s done and we need to develop young small forwards.

Please no

He's awesome. Would have won the 08 N Smith if it were up to me but his brain will snap if he's hired to work in the current Essendon forward set-up.

I like the idea of him in the forward line to help with the on field coaching role.

Fletch back line

Jobe & BJ mids

Chappy Forward line

our forwards need direction plus we need the token baldy 

A risk we might have to take, beter than nothing.

If the aim is no gap year in 2014 and without Stu, I think we could do worse. IN - Chapman for me.

Is still better than any forward currently at Essendon.

Essendon has nothing to lose by taking him on for one or two seasons, rather than another malnourished 18yo who may or may not become a player.

it would look weird seeing him in an Essendon jumper.

pass.

Fark it, bring him in. 

There would be a truckload our players could learn from him if nothing else. 

Not just his age but his hamstrings are the problem. He could only manage eight games (I think) this year. If he was willing to pay for match payments only, then ok perhaps.

I like the idea of him in the forward line to help with the on field coaching role.
Fletch back line
Jobe & BJ mids
Chappy Forward line

our forwards need direction plus we need the token baldy

I agree. People underestimate the value of experience, and the on field direction and assistance that can be provided with players like him. And you can't argue that we need all that and more in the forward line.

BRING HIM IN

Most irresponsible pick just about ever, for mine.

Is it irresponsible to have a crack at a flag next year?

A quick Hail mary to the Hammy gods!

Paul Chapman to Essendon =  Andrea Pirlo to Juventus

I'd say someone's already offered him a spot seeing that the Cats did offer him a short term contract of sorts, albeit unflattering. What other teams have expressed interest?

Wouldn't mind him but NOT at any price and I sure wouldn't want to "win" him after a bidding war.

Our free kick count will go up at least.

Just having him set standards and non-negotiables would be of some value. Apparently he was instrumental in changing the culture at Geelong. If he managed to he fit during finals, a dozen missed games during the season wouldn’t matter so much. I think he would be worth a spot on the senior list for a year or two.

Ordinarily, I'd say no, and would prefer to sign/draft a player with a bit more value beyond just the next year or two. But, since we only really have half a draft to work with this year, I think he could be a worthwhile acquisition if we can get him on a 1 year contract. He won't be a crucial player (can't rely on players of his age and durability), but could be handy depth.

would bring a bit more C*$# into the team.

get him in.

The guy is still a match winner regardless of age/suss hammies. Proven big game/finals performer.

Experience and understanding of training standards and professionalism of flag winning sides has to be a plus. Can be sure our kpp will be thankful for his delivery inside 50 as well.

Costing us nothing in trade, won’t be that expensive salary wise. Will have a point to prove. Would be instant best 22 player. Def yes from me.

Yes for me. No risk and will probably give us Cuddles output even at 32.