Paul Chapman

Reminds me a bit of Dougie Hawkins or Nicky Winmar - is the extra 1 year really worth or should he bow out a one club player? I think with Chappy he's not the same player as he was 2+ years ago and that means he's very one dimensional in what role he can play. Most forwards need to go through the middle and just dont think his bodys up to it. Do we really want him for 1 yr when he'll probably play 10-15?

Then there's Timmy Watson, Stewart Dew, John Barnes etc.

chappy playing for 15 games would improve our side. im up for it at the right price.

Reminds me a bit of Dougie Hawkins or Nicky Winmar - is the extra 1 year really worth or should he bow out a one club player? I think with Chappy he's not the same player as he was 2+ years ago and that means he's very one dimensional in what role he can play. Most forwards need to go through the middle and just dont think his bodys up to it. Do we really want him for 1 yr when he'll probably play 10-15?

Pretty sure Tim Watson was a one club player.

Pretty sure Tim Watson was a one club player.

He was ... sort of. Was thinking about his comeback in '93.

True I see what you mean, but its a different game now. And not entirely sure but wasnt Dew only 28 or so when he came back? 

True I see what you mean, but its a different game now. And not entirely sure but wasnt Dew only 28 or so when he came back? 

Perhaps. The risk with him was that he was 28kgs overweight.

At 32 with dodgy hammies he'd want to be cheap. Fair risk involved.

I’d take him of we got him free in the PSD. He will be a gun if managed correctly. Perfect sub and medium sized forwar.

I'd take him of we got him free in the PSD. He will be a gun if managed correctly. Perfect sub and medium sized forwar.

He is a FA, he is free, no need for PSD or anything else.

Those who say he is cooked didnt see his last few games I imagine?

If we get Chapman, he'll have to give up his pledge to never lose to Hawthorn.

Bald is the new black.

Was geelongs best player in the only final he played, and the only one they won. It’s really interesting they have cut him.

Was geelongs best player in the only final he played, and the only one they won. It's really interesting they have cut him.

I'm really surprised that he seems OK with it. Infact, he's talking at their B&F tonight.

Hunt and Pods fair enough.

Just not sure about Joel Corey and Chappy. Surely they deserve to go out on their own terms. Ruthless decision by Scott, guess they just want to get kids in now to get game time and have them ready to go for next attack at flag. But I couldn’t see why they werent pushing for 2014 flag given only missed by a whisker, maybe just don’t want to hang on too long and have a bigger fall.

Was geelongs best player in the only final he played, and the only one they won. It's really interesting they have cut him.

Yep, they couldn't have won the final against Port without him.

Problem is, Cats have only won 1 final in 2 years - their current list simply isn't getting younger and the competition has caught up & overtaken them, so they now have to move the old champs on...one step back to take two steps forward I guess.

Yep, they couldn't have won the final against Port without him.

Problem is, Cats have only won 1 final in 2 years - their current list simply isn't getting younger and the competition has caught up & overtaken them, so they now have to move the old champs on...one step back to take two steps forward I guess.

Indeed: Freo kicked their ■■■■ in a final last year and then beat em in a final again this year

He only needs to sign for Richmond, for blitz to go full retard!

I say yes. The thing is people may think he's old and he's taking up a spot in the forward line that would otherwise be for a youngster.  But we have lost so much of our forward line experience in a matter of years (the imminent departure of Crameri, Monfires, Lovett, McPhee, maybe Gumby) and now only have Davey, and the super injury prone Winderlich & Hurley that have any kind of experience.  Chapman would provide a huge amount of experience and leadership for blokes like Daniher, Merrett, and anyone else we add over the offseason such as Gartlett.

Watch him v hawks only last season and he shows how good he still is..he isnt finished..showed that vs Port

Give him a contract...get him around the young fellas...he is the same age as me..thats not old haha

Contract stuff always goes over my head. 

Can you put a new recruit on a 1 year deal? Because that's the maximum he has left in him. A two year deal would end awkwardly.