Perth Vegan Goes Ape

Yes, I fail to see the hostility against those who choose not to eat the same things as others.

I don’t think the problem with this woman is veganism, I think it’s arseholism.

14 Likes

Of course they ■■■■■■■ do. Stats would also show that a higher percentage of Satanists live in cities, also people. And don’t presume your experience speaks for others. I know what a good working farm looks like, or used to. Over farming on the other hand, failure to adapt, what do you reckon that leads to and is leading to? I also know what intensive farming of mammals and fowls looks like which is where most people’s stock meats come from. It’s one very big part of the mess we’re in. Farmer Joe is long dead.

As usual it’s the big mean vego trying to tell people how bad they are, when in fact the attacks came early from the aggrieved silent meatority. Freedom of Religion bill has some parallels.

Oh, and triggered snowflakes.

Mate, I just don’t understand what this means. Go, live, be free. If you like, read up on some of the subject matter contained in the early part of this thread. OR DON’T.

1 Like

It’s largely that every vegan I know reminds me of it constantly, I fully accept I may know some vegans who don’t. But they must do an incredible job of keeping it quiet

2 Likes

Actually no.

I think the entire global warming phenomomen is what has given meat free alternatives a kick along.

Meat free alternatives have been around for decades. Its only recently serious money has been put into it.

At a guess its because of the world view that agriculture creates an awful lot of greenhouse gas.

1 Like

Firstly to clarify my comment was based on relative percentage not actual percentage.

However moving back to the central argument if all farming was as appalling as you claim - and I note you admit that you’re basing your argument on how you used to know working farms operated - then wouldn’t it be logical to think there are more vegans living close to farms? This completely isn’t the case.

As for speaking to understanding how farming works I’m doubtful you actually have any real knowledge and your happy to dance to the gospel of PETA. I say from a position of knowledge. Numerous members of my family are involved in farming and I have many many contacts across the spectrum of the agricultural industry as a result of doing an agricultural science degree and taking a keen interest in the industry. Also family farms or farmer Joe as you describe it are still very much alive in Australia.

I also contend that there is no way a corporate farm could get away with the brazen acts you seem to think they are doing. There is just too much scrutiny from people like yourself.

As for your final point - vegans like this stupid woman in Perth are the problem. If you don’t like what others enjoy doing ie eatting meat, just let them be. Why waste your breath arguing otherwise unless of course you want everyone to join your cult.

3 Likes

I think that canned nutmeat from Sanitarium set meatless protein food back about 100 years. You only have to go to a decent Indian restaurant and eat some dahl to find a high quality, nutritious alternative to meat.
There are 400,000,000 vegetarians in India, and whilst not vegan given they consume milk products, a few dairy products are not the difference between a healthy or unhealthy diet.
Vegans are just the latest minority the media demonise to sell more papers to a gullible public.

I reckon if it was a bogan complaining about sub-continental neighbours cooking curries all the time, you would see this in a totally different light.

Those people are at home, they can cook what they fucken like, and you can either a) suck it or b) move.

9 Likes

Lame vegan memes only prove one thing, sense of humour is derived from meat.

Hot tip, soyboys, take a fucken joke, it won’t kill you.
Whingeing about it actually fuels the stereotype!!!

1 Like

You ‘seem’ to do a lot of seeming. In fact you write a lot like Caro.
I have nothing to do with PETA, nor anything in common with this silly woman other than trying to live better in one way. You can inform yourself about mega farms and so called intensive finishing, but if you think it’s all here for us to gorge on forever then you won’t change your contentions and oddly guessy stats references. Silly of me to get into it on a footy site.

Good to see KFC is working on a solution to their infamous chicken shortages.

1 Like

Hot take fleshlight, but you might’ve noted that I never supported the woman’s position, merely observed that maybe if the neighbours were bbq’ing every night or arvo they’d be smoking her out which would be the only grounds she had. But she’s likely a crank. Otherwise I guess I see some bizarre logic in this silly and disturbingly specific strawman.

Again, is it all the colonic clogging that makes you chaps so hair triggered?

1 Like

There’s plenty of ■■■■■■ stuff happens in all parts of agribusiness.

Have a look at what Monsanto are doing with GMO soybeans. They design crops to withstand glyphosate, agent orange and depleted uranium. Then salt the earth. Destroys everything anywhere near it, and the weeds just evolve in a few years anyway.

It’s not a meat problem, it’s a capitalism problem.

3 Likes

Actually, I just looked up “furin” in my Japanese dictionary and it says “adultery”.

Furin around, I guess.

4 Likes

What it means is that I shouldn’t be made to feel bad about my food choices. Not all vegans are bad, but the lady in the article is farking insane.

I like meat and I have no interest in giving it up and will force it on my kids until they are old enough to make up their own minds.

1 Like

Surely the real villains of the piece are the little brats playing basketball.

1 Like

“It’s WAR, I tell ya!”

Just a very thin excuse to post a mclusky song really, but that line from it started rolling through the mind … :smirk:

It’s a very good discussion to have,… but settle down with abusing each other eh people?

What I am sick of is vegans I know acting like they have achieved some sort of higher level of enlightenment because they have made a dietary choice, and that it should have been like this all along like 500,000 years of hominid evolution never happened.

5 Likes

Imagine how sorfed and his love of coal feels :stuck_out_tongue:

When someone tells me they’re a Vegan, . I just straight away say “Wanna Arm Wrestle??”

:laughing:

1 Like