Petition to the Senate

Just pretend your her and sign it

If you're facing resistance from others about signing because they can't find the petition on line, just tell them to google Ess 34 or ASADA 34.

Tell the nervous nellies too, that they don’t have to write a comment on the petition and can sign anonymously. I have just tried to explain this to a friend of 40 years but she still says she’s unsure about being involved; she’s been delisted I’m afraid.

Delisted as a friend! My wife refuses to sign. Should I delist her too?!!

Divorce.

If you're facing resistance from others about signing because they can't find the petition on line, just tell them to google Ess 34 or ASADA 34.

Tell the nervous nellies too, that they don’t have to write a comment on the petition and can sign anonymously. I have just tried to explain this to a friend of 40 years but she still says she’s unsure about being involved; she’s been delisted I’m afraid.

Threaten her Sienfeld Style , “No (soup) Sausage for you…”

Just tried my suggestion. Not that clear.
Do this instead:

change.org and then type in ASADA 34 etc.

Sorry about that

Probably not a big issue, but when you search for petitions using Essendon as a search term, this petition doesn't come up as it doesn't mention the word Essendon, it only mentions EFC.

The header of the petition was limited to 90 words so we had to use EFC, which we thought most interested people would identify.

Googlr Essendon 34 and you should get straight to the petition.

Well that sux

If you’re facing resistance from others about signing because they can’t find the petition on line, just tell them to google Ess 34 or ASADA 34.

A stand at the Family Day?? Wonder if the club would mind??

I reckon, for legal reasons, they might.

The club should ask the members if they want a stand for the petition at the Family Day and then if the members agree tell the AFL they are going to do it. After all the members are the club, supposedly!

Join the real world.

Ok then why don’t the members organise a petition to the club to allow the members to get supporters at club functions to sign the petition to the Senate?

Set up on the path outside the ground.?

I am confused - Alan Jones has supported the plight of the 34 players - Jones has aired and has access to all of Bruce’s good work - Is strongly influential with the Government - Surely a Senate Enquiry is a given - Have I missed something !

Should think if you placed the stand outside the gates to the club, they would have very little say in the matter as it is public land. That would also negate any negative impact from a legal sense this might have for the club.

I have been in contact with Chris today and we can still use the change.org as an attachment. I will start the paper based petition as per his instructions for Wednesday night for those of us attending the committee meeting. We are thinking of the most appropriate way of getting signatures

Please keep sending out the change.org because it adds weight to the claim.

Can you have a ‘stand’ or something, setup at the NAB games and get signatures there?

Absolutely, Saturday week at Prince’s Park against the scum. We might just walk around and have a chat as well. Maybe we can meet inside the ground and cover the ground. Many hands make light work. Happy to hear suggestions.

Ms Armstrong agrees that The Senate does accept electronic petitions while the House of Representatives does not. However she reiterates that while petition websites also allow for petitioners to post comments, these cannot be included in a print-out for presentation to The Senate. This, apparently, can be overcome by way of settings on individual petition websites.

She also emphasises that the owners of these websites can often be reluctant to release the “signatures” (email addresses or other identifiers) without prior arrangement. This has serious potential to frustrate the expectations of those who might feel encouraged to “sign” your online petition.

Senator Madigan has nonetheless said he will happily acknowledge the number of signatories the Change.Org petition might ultimately attract, even if neither he nor any other senator are ultimately left with an actual document for presentation to parliament.

Now there’s a surprise.

The club should ask the members if they want a stand for the petition at the Family Day and then if the members agree tell the AFL they are going to do it. After all the members are the club, supposedly!

Join the real world.

Ok then why don’t the members organise a petition to the club to allow the members to get supporters at club functions to sign the petition to the Senate?

I’m a little late to the party, only just seen this but what a great idea. 2938 I believe I was.

Join the real world.

Kill joy!

Join the real world.