Petition to the Senate

I assumed his comment that players were blocking the release of the one document (afl tribunal findings) was based on that being the case at the time (also the players = AFLPA paid lawyers).
I don’t expect he actually asked them this time around and only said he was happy to release it because he had that excuse not to.

I assumed his comment that players were blocking the release of the one document (afl tribunal findings) was based on that being the case at the time (also the players = AFLPA paid lawyers). I don't expect he actually asked them this time around and only said he was happy to release it because he had that excuse not to.
I wonder, how much say the players have had through out this ordeal. I mean listen to my story. Not he said, she said. Not being told by the club, not being told by their AFL paid for silks, or the AFLPA.

Is there anyone with a modicum of power and common sense, who has actually listened, to what the players have to say about what has happened to them??? Or, are their lips, invisibly, stapled, shut.

Arcadian: AFL CEO has reportedly bought into the issue, saying that he is lobbying to have the AFL Tribunal Report released. Lobbying just who? Isn't there already enough pressure on the players without this and his Brownlow comments?

I don’t understand this post. some are angry that ASADA won’t release the requested documents as per Madigans request. Yet you post there is enough pressure on players. it’s one or the other

There is enough pressure on the players without CEO lobbying, in public, for his preferred viewpoint. I agree BTW. I also think his Brownlow comments were completely inappropriate.
Gil should let the political manoevrings play out. It really is none of his businesses. And he and his organisation have done enough damage over the past four years with their interference. It really is time they gave it a rest. Stopped being the AFL’s business after the CAS verdict. All they have to do is ensure the decision is implemented.

Once you lobby Senators to investigate ASADA,CAS and their associates, it leads to public dialogue which may or may not affect players.

McLachlan current actions have no relationship to Blitzers lobbying Madison. Or if you take the view there is a relationship it comes because of the lobbying of Madison.

Any lobbying in this case may open up a can of worms. To believe otherwise is naive.

Arcadian: AFL CEO has reportedly bought into the issue, saying that he is lobbying to have the AFL Tribunal Report released. Lobbying just who? Isn't there already enough pressure on the players without this and his Brownlow comments?

I don’t understand this post. some are angry that ASADA won’t release the requested documents as per Madigans request. Yet you post there is enough pressure on players. it’s one or the other

There is enough pressure on the players without CEO lobbying, in public, for his preferred viewpoint. I agree BTW. I also think his Brownlow comments were completely inappropriate.
Gil should let the political manoevrings play out. It really is none of his businesses. And he and his organisation have done enough damage over the past four years with their interference. It really is time they gave it a rest. Stopped being the AFL’s business after the CAS verdict. All they have to do is ensure the decision is implemented.

Once you lobby Senators to investigate ASADA,CAS and their associates, it leads to public dialogue which may or may not affect players.

McLachlan current actions have no relationship to Blitzers lobbying Madison. Or if you take the view there is a relationship it comes because of the lobbying of Madison.

Any lobbying in this case may open up a can of worms. To believe otherwise is naive.

I was probably wasn’t clear in my post. I agree with what you are saying. I just think Mclachlan has far to much to say, particularly about what can be seen as creating a conflict of interest, i.e. Brownlow. And his opinion now is no longer relevant.

ASADA think they are conducting law-enforcement activities? How cute.

Their CEO is confusing his old job with his new one.

For anyone in the know, does the club unofficially support a senate inquiry?

NO

The “club” consists of members first and foremost, who elect a board that is supposed to represent their interests. There are also employees such as CEO, coaches etc who are paid to perform specific roles and the players who are central to the purpose of the club.

Of these people, the members are the ones who have a lifetime affiliation, concern for the culture and long term success of the club and never move from club to club for personal advantage. In my view the members are the “club” and many would probably support an enquiry.

Yeah nah.

While I agree wholeheartedly with your assertion that the club belongs to the members I think you’ve blurred the lines significantly.

Members simply don’t and cannot possess the level of knowledge required to make decisions in the best interest of the club. To be brutally honest I’d say that very few would even want to. One only has to look at the ridiculously low voter levels for board elections to surmise that the majority of members don’t care to be involved in the running of the club, they just want to win games of footy.

Now I have no idea how the club feels re the petition or the debate enquiry or the release or non release of documents. But I’d wager, whatever their feelings, they would have good reasons for them, damn good reasons.

…or perhaps they have just been told to ‘move on’ by the mothership

…or perhaps the Club wants to move on so that it can…you know, move on.

NO

The “club” consists of members first and foremost, who elect a board that is supposed to represent their interests. There are also employees such as CEO, coaches etc who are paid to perform specific roles and the players who are central to the purpose of the club.

Of these people, the members are the ones who have a lifetime affiliation, concern for the culture and long term success of the club and never move from club to club for personal advantage. In my view the members are the “club” and many would probably support an enquiry.

Yeah nah.

While I agree wholeheartedly with your assertion that the club belongs to the members I think you’ve blurred the lines significantly.

Members simply don’t and cannot possess the level of knowledge required to make decisions in the best interest of the club. To be brutally honest I’d say that very few would even want to. One only has to look at the ridiculously low voter levels for board elections to surmise that the majority of members don’t care to be involved in the running of the club, they just want to win games of footy.

Now I have no idea how the club feels re the petition or the debate enquiry or the release or non release of documents. But I’d wager, whatever their feelings, they would have good reasons for them, damn good reasons.

And it could be the club is still in the same mindset it was under Evans when its attitude was to do whatever the AFL told it. If that is true, and I believe it is, the only way it can move on is to start to fight for itself and not keeping bending over and saying ‘kick me harder Sir’.

And Yacco55 if there is more truth to know, wouldn't you rather know than be a mushroom????

What we know we can work with and correct. What we don’t know and are kept in the dark about just because we don’t know, doesn’t mean it makes anything more workable or better.

NO

Yeah nah.

Which is why we have to hope and trust that the board members are only thinking about what is good for the club, not thinking about personal positioning or business opportunities when they are making decisions on behalf of the club.

Simply put, could be protecting their own or someone else's decisions and/or cover ups.

NO

Yeah nah.

And it could be the club is still in the same mindset it was under Evans when its attitude was to do whatever the AFL told it. If that is true, and I believe it is, the only way it can move on is to start to fight for itself and not keeping bending over and saying ‘kick me harder Sir’.

Logically the club needs to get on with what it iexists for…that is to play football.

Yes our club was negligent in substand controls which contributed to this saga, but the enemy is not the club, the ememy is the media, the AFL, the government and the ASADA /
WADA / CAS blood suckers.

The club is virtually powerless against the AFL and remaining clubs, they all threw us under the bus remember. Best course of action is to work towards a cup ASAP and kick as many other clubs in the head when they are down as possible. Whilst in the background work towards exposing the corruption but ONLY if that is what rhe player want else we need to let it go and move on IMO

And Yacco55 if there is more truth to know, wouldn't you rather know than be a mushroom????

What we know we can work with and correct. What we don’t know and are kept in the dark about just because we don’t know, doesn’t mean it makes anything more workable or better.

My post is answering assertions that players may be affected by any on-going investigation - One you go down this path key stakeholders may be affected - My post is not whether or not there should be an ongoing investigation.

My post is answering assertions that players may be affected by any on-going investigation - One you go down this path key stakeholders may be affected - My post is not whether or not there should be an ongoing investigation.

When you mention key stakeholders, I assume this has nothing to do with the players, who else are you NOT mentioning?

Move on for farks sake.

As if it’s the only injustice that has ever occurred.
Yes we were the scapegoat.

Let the club/players move on.
Can’t you all see that it’s the best way to heal?
Winning ■■■■■■ games of football in2017 will do more for the club and players than anything associated with lawyers or politicians.

Move on for farks sake.

As if it’s the only injustice that has ever occurred.
Yes we were the scapegoat.

Let the club/players move on.
Can’t you all see that it’s the best way to heal?
Winning ■■■■■■ games of football in2017 will do more for the club and players than anything associated with lawyers or politicians.

Why can’t we do both?

Kenyan president signs anti-doping bill into law

NAIROBI (Reuters) - Kenya’s President Uhuru Kenyatta signed into law on Friday an anti-doping bill required to avoid a ban from the Rio Olympics for a nation famed for its runners but tainted by a spate of doping cases in recent years.

The athletics world has been in turmoil since the World Anti-Doping Agency (WADA) issued a report in November citing widespread use of doping in the sport.

Kenya had been given a one-month extension on April 7 to comply with WADA regulations or face sanctions that could include a ban from this year’s Olympic Games in Rio de Janeiro.

Flanked by senior government officials and sportsmen and women, Kenyatta was shown signing the bill into law in a video released by the president’s office.

"Kenya is 100 percent committed to ensuring total compliance with international regulations on sports and athletics,” he said at the signing ceremony.

“This law is the continuation, not the end, of our efforts to stand against cheating and corruption in the sporting and athletics arena,” he said.

The law, demanded by WADA, will criminalize doping in a country with a history of middle and long-distance running excellence, but tainted by recent doping cases.

Kenya had also missed a February deadline to establish a legal framework for its Anti-Doping Agency of Kenya (ADAK).

In response to Friday’s developments, WADA issued a statement saying its independent Compliance Review Committee will meet early next month to review the decision.

“We understand from media reports that there has been some progress with Kenya’s anti-doping bill,” WADA said in a statement. “Unless (the Compliance Review Committee) deem that the bill, policy and ADAK rules are formally adopted by that date then they will recommend to the WADA Foundation Board that the Kenyan NADO (national anti-doping organization) should be declared non-compliant.”

WADA’s position on the criminalization of doping remains unchanged, saying athletes found guilty of doping should not face criminal charges, although it has encouraged governments to introduce laws to penalize the traffickers and distributors of banned substances.

About 40 Kenyan athletes have been banned for doping in the last three years.

So apparently WADA are trying to get the IOC to ban Kenya from the Olympics because it didn't like the anti-doping legislative framework its Parliament passed. It demanded that doping offences become crimes.

There you have it folks, WADA is telling a sovereign nation what laws it needs to make and stands over them to control their democratically elected politicians. Who elected WADA? Oh that’s right, nobody.

These ■■■■■■■ want to send athletes to jail with comfortable satisfaction and some strands in a cable.

NAIROBI (Reuters) - Kenya’s President Uhuru Kenyatta signed into law on Friday an anti-doping bill required to avoid a ban from the Rio Olympics for a nation famed for its runners but tainted by a spate of doping cases in recent years.

The athletics world has been in turmoil since the World Anti-Doping Agency (WADA) issued a report in November citing widespread use of doping in the sport.

Kenya had been given a one-month extension on April 7 to comply with WADA regulations or face sanctions that could include a ban from this year’s Olympic Games in Rio de Janeiro.

Flanked by senior government officials and sportsmen and women, Kenyatta was shown signing the bill into law in a video released by the president’s office.

"Kenya is 100 percent committed to ensuring total compliance with international regulations on sports and athletics,” he said at the signing ceremony.

“This law is the continuation, not the end, of our efforts to stand against cheating and corruption in the sporting and athletics arena,” he said.

The law, demanded by WADA, will criminalize doping in a country with a history of middle and long-distance running excellence, but tainted by recent doping cases.

Kenya had also missed a February deadline to establish a legal framework for its Anti-Doping Agency of Kenya (ADAK).

In response to Friday’s developments, WADA issued a statement saying its independent Compliance Review Committee will meet early next month to review the decision.

“We understand from media reports that there has been some progress with Kenya’s anti-doping bill,” WADA said in a statement. “Unless (the Compliance Review Committee) deem that the bill, policy and ADAK rules are formally adopted by that date then they will recommend to the WADA Foundation Board that the Kenyan NADO (national anti-doping organization) should be declared non-compliant.”

WADA’s position on the criminalization of doping remains unchanged, saying athletes found guilty of doping should not face criminal charges, although it has encouraged governments to introduce laws to penalize the traffickers and distributors of banned substances.

So apparently WADA are trying to get the IOC to ban Kenya from the Olympics because it didn't like the anti-doping legislative framework its Parliament passed. It demanded that doping offences become crimes.

There you have it folks, WADA is telling a sovereign nation what laws it needs to make and stands over them to control their democratically elected politicians. Who elected WADA? Oh that’s right, nobody.

These ■■■■■■■ want to send athletes to jail with comfortable satisfaction and some strands in a cable.

yes but, don’t we have to move on to let the club heal? Heal that is so we are ready to be kicked harder next time.

Only way Wada gets disempowered is to either have the IOC overhauled or have the major nations in the world start an alternative Olympic movement. That way Wada don’t get the leverage they are using over sovereign nations.

Well f**k me, sport is going to be forced into becoming as "clean as a whistle" by whatever means and exactly how ASADA/WADA/CAS/IOC want it to be. These people are absolutely so full of themselves, they are blind. All the while corruption unfolds in politics, industry and banking around the world. Where are the WADA police when you need them? WADA will be running the UN before we know it and then, next, the world. God help us!

Now you know the world when all the Free Trade Agreements kick in!

If these guys were the overlords of my job, caffeine would be banned