Petition to the Senate

also done

now up to 1056 signatures, including mine.

I read somewhere that we wouldn’t get 10% of membership which is currently 40000 +. Let’s hope they are proven wrong.

I’m number 1098.

If you go to the petition you will see amongst the top comments that went with the petition this one who has a famous Essendon name:

The players and the Essendon officials have been denied natural justice. I also believe ASADA has acted contrary to the intentions of Parliament.

The Greens in its successful amendment to the draft ASADA legislation of 2013 said:
‘Removing, the privilege against self-incrimination, a basic right, isn’t justified by the context here,’ Senator Wright said. ‘The Bill reverses the fundamental principle of ‘innocent until proven guilty’ - we don’t do this for criminal matters, so why do it for sport?’
(Greens Cannot Support ASADA Bill in its Current Form, media release 14 March 2013).

Yet ASADA argued in the Federal Court successfully that it could take away the players right to not self incriminate and then in league with WADA supported a process where the players were deemed guilty and had to prove their innocence at a ridiculously low standard.

ASADA has been on a frolic of its own and needs to be made accountable to Parliament. Its CEO in fact skipped the last Senate Estimates because of ‘illness’ but was able a few days later to fly to Montreal to lobby to begin a fresh hearing by CAS. He did this because the AFL Tribunal comprising Australian judges had applied Australian law in finding the players innocent. In effect he sold out 34 young men using his statutory position and tax payers’ money. No public (servant) should ever be allowed to act in this way again.

Allan Hird, Australia

This was my comment:

I haven’t seen any evidence presented of any conscious wrongdoing by any of the players and whether any banned substance was administered also remains unproven. How can they be found guilty???

I was also very concerned by the amount of confidential information that found its way into the press. I was also concerned at the amount of deliberately misleading information and statements supplied by key AFL people which indicated they presumed guilt and looked for scapegoats rather than do a proper confidential investigation in the first instance (refer to the evidence discovered by the EFC / Hird appeal against the ASADA /AFL co-investigation).

Also the fact that the players’ employer, the AFL, forced them to make statements which were selectively used against them by ASADA and WADA to create a circumstantial case against them while ignoring contradictory evidence. All these elements contributed to a travesty of justice and the unfair persecution of both Essendon and former Essendon players as well as their many supporters.

I read somewhere that we wouldn’t get 10% of membership which is currently 40000 +. Let’s hope they are proven wrong.

This may be the case based on social media impact.

However if the club emailed to the membership database as they should every single member and their families would do so without a doubt.

Will they do such a thing?

This may be the case based on social media impact.

However if the club emailed to the membership database as they should every single member and their families would do so without a doubt.

Will they do such a thing?

No.
They can’t have any involvement.

Should I call the club? Who would I speak to?

Should I call the club? Who would I speak to?

No.

Its a breach of privacy

Just keep doing what you’re doing.

Seems to be working just fine.

Signed it, didn’t even read it

Ah what the hell.

done

I signed & forwarded to supporters of of other sporting codes
At 1295 signatures
Gee there’s dome very well informed / intelligent yet angry comments that make compelling reading

Wonder if the club could (or would) email link out to all members??
I’ll ask them to

Im on board!

For all those who have signed up already - well done. The test is now how many of your family, friends, workmates, strangers you can also encourage to sign up. For those on Facebook, Twitter etc. send the link out to all your contacts. Now’s your chance to do something after 3 years of crap.

Have also signed.

Just signed and forced my mate to share the link on his EFC Facebook page!

Get this ■■■■ to every Essendon and even non Essendon family member or friend u have!

Done!