Photos you‘ve taken

Tonight (or was it last night) I think you can actually see them all. Not at once, but in one evening.

DIY means recycling CRT monitors :smiley:

1 Like

Out of interest, is anyone here an astro telescope user? I often think I should buy one , but I can’t even decide on reflector vs refractor as a first step, let alone decisions beyond that.

I had this conversation with ■■■ a couple of Christmases ago. Research should still be relevant.

1 Like

Neptune and Uranus will need a scope or bino’s to spot . Presumably a 400mm lens (8x) and a tripod would find them, though I’m not sure how bright they’d be ATM? I might have a go at them tonight.

Love that, what film camera are you shooting on and what stock?

Very difficult to see. Tiny blue dots.

I’ll try to find it.

this may help?

My old Pentax K1000, Portra 800.

2 Likes

Yeah that 800 looks beautiful in the low light, I have been shooting portra 160 which I love for portraits, super warm colours.

Unfortunately in the market for the new camera though after the winder on my f801 packed it in. Looking at a Nikon f80 or f90, seem to have the features of a f100 at a quarter the price

Visiting in laws over in NZ, went down south to Dunedin. Jaw dropped at the first camera shop I came across, $50NZD for Fuji 400. Said it was the first stock they’d had of it in a year.

2 Likes

Interesting that Pentax (Ricoh) have announced that they’re putting money into a new film project , possibly including a new film camera. Where Leica’s M6 re-release is prohibitively expensive, a cheapish “new” K1000 or LX might be of quite some interest in the current film resurgence.

There is a big appetite for it, I could definitely see more companies jump on board.

I’d like to see what 2023 technology can do with film

1 Like

A mate of mine decided to load up on all sorts of film cameras a few years back from op shops. He’s ruing the fact they’re catching up, still it didn’t stop him finding one for 30 bucks worth around $700 recently.

2 Likes

I have a Minnie X-700 that I got with a bag and lenses for $30 . The OP shop thought the shutter / winder was seized but all it needed was fresh batteries.

1 Like

Always a bargain to be found if you know what you are looking for on marketplace and at op shops. Gotta act fast though

1 Like

Isn’t the problem with film cameras now, the excessive cost of film?

Has been expensive for a long time. But for a while, the biggest problem looked like being lack of film. That seems to have eased a bit.

Edit: for a while, Camerahouse used to offer a $20 deal of a roll of agfa (I think) , C41 developing and a digital scan on a rolling basis (you were paying for the previous films development and the next roll). Not sure if they still do.

Some film currently in the fridge :

Its a bit of a random and eclectic mix, often I just bought something I came across so that I had something if the mood ever took me. I have an old Agfa folder that I’ve never actually shot yet, but that’s why I have a roll or two of 120 film.

I have a couple of film bodies with half-shot rolls in them that I can’t recall what they are , Iol. There’s a Fed3 with some Vista in it but I’m not certain if it was 200 or 400. The Eos 50e may even have some ancient Fuji 800 superior in it that I used at Phillip Island for the GP race. In about 1997…

And I think I have a roll or two of Portra somewhere.

It’s all a bit chaotic …:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

And unfortunately my uncle caught Covid and therefore missed Christmas. I was going to ask if I could borrow a Bronica and a lens to learn to use.