“Please Ban Me” - the Review Thread vs Sydney

I didn’t know if this was the review thread for the Swans game during the season or the elim final

Because the title applies to both!

1 Like

I’ve been watching highlights from 2000. Much better than dwelling on that sydney loss.

I’d forgotten how good Blumfield was that year. He should have been a major star of the game

1 Like

Who’s dwelling. Just looking for positives to take into next year

1 Like

Well its taken me 3 months to be able to revisit what went wrong in that final.
Here it is.but I suppose you all know this pretty much.
Kennedy played the best game of his season, exceeding his average by about 50%
Towers and Sinclair played about 80% better than their average, while TBell played at about 25% of his average. The following players were way below their average.Goddard , Zaharakis, Hartley, McGrath, McKenna, Stewart, Baguley. Q2 was a shocker for Hurley, Ambrose and Hartley

Those saying Gleeson was our best might be ignoring Joey Daniher, who exceeded his average by the most and according to these stats was our best player and was as good as Franklin.

1 Like

No analysis is complete without seeing what happened to Sydney the following week.

Whilst Kennedy played about average, Sydney players who burned us the week before were reduced to ashes against Geelong, Towers, Sinclair Grundy and Franklin were poor compared with the week before, other players who were poor were, Jones, Parker, Papley, Hannebery, Hewett, Rampe McVeigh

Half a team playing poorly is just too many players and that lead to the bursting of the Sydney bubble, that we had inflated the week before.

1 Like

Dumb question.: Can you work out the possible impact of who might have been carrying injuries.? I thought Hurley was and then Buddy was in the next game.