Political Correctness

7 Australian universities also had their research funding cut by 136 million. You guys need to get ■■■■■■ off about the right ■■■■.

4 Likes

That’s actually a good point. There’s much bigger fish to fry than the scourge of political correctness. But this is the political correctness thread soooo…PLAY ON!

1 Like

Nonsense

Got some weird survey sent to me by my old uni.
First question: "What gender do you identify with? Male, female, other and some other option.

Dickheads

2 Likes

I have no trouble answering that question

1 Like

This is my favourite one:

Take it from someone who just finished his last exam a week ago, Australian Universities are heading this way.

Good luck regulating that one

Yeah…that research project about what happened to the Sioux Nation really affects Australia.

But in general, I agree with you. But some of the ■■■■ that comes outof universities is mind-boggling.

2 Likes

Did you see the news in Ireland a guy got off a rape charge because the 17yo girl was wearing a lacy G-string :frowning: but yeah, women have nothing to complain about

1 Like

That was outrageous…and the defence lawyer was a woman. Unanimous acquittal.

I did not.
That’s just horrible.

I don’t think it’s even close to half as bad as people make out. I can’t speak for Victorian University’s but I go to one in QLD and my wife is Professor at another and I never see or hear anything that I feel is crazy talk like what a lot of the media would have people believe goes on in Unis.

What I do know though is stories like that sarcasm one and any other free speech challenge seem to lob in the papers around the time funding cuts happen or fees get increased.

It’s like clock work so all the stupid and fossils can bang on about how the hippies and houilgans that go to university to study gender fluidity didn’t need that money or deserve to pay through the nose.

They fall for it hook, line, sinker, rod, chair and copy of anglers monthly every time.

■■■■■■■ luddites

11 Likes

Many years ago I missed out being elected into the Religious Centre position at Monash Uni as part of the Cannibalism Party by just a handful of votes. Our party had particularly relevant policies for that role, of course… no one else in our party got remotely close to winning their respective roles.

But not everything needs to be reported/sensationalised.

‘Love me tender — Elvis was ahead of his time’: one of many flyer slogans I enjoyed handing out to the “serious” candidates.

1 Like

RED DWARF!

2 Likes

I think that’s pretty spot on.

This stuff gets grossly exaggerated. Often, it’s just that some fringe student group with too much time on their hands ‘calls’ for something extreme or absurd to happen, and that gets reported.

The Uni quietly telling them to fark off gets left out of the story.

In saying that though, I feel that Universities are becoming a bit of a relic. A throwback to a time when information had gatekeepers. They will need to change and adapt to the new information age in order to stay relevant.

1 Like

That’s why research is so important

2 Likes

Disagree completely PP.

As beni says real research is just so mportant. The growing trend of collating everyone’s else’s work and repackaging it does not lead to new discovery which is paramount for scientific progress.

1 Like

Undergraduate uni which is what the majority of people go to uni achieve. is complete wank and a waste of time for most courses.

1 Like

Just so wrong on so many levels.

1 Like

Please, most undergraduate courses should be TAFE.

1 Like