Post ASADA. The re emergence of Essendon

Nice post. Long. But nice.

The membership of this club is going through the roof over the next few years. We will well outgrow that lid-on stadium we are in.

The end of the Saga
The onfield improvement of a competitive team
The club having a significant turn-around in the way it treats members
The club having knowing that it is middle of the road in terms of membership numbers and the internal pressure that will bring
The inclusion of Kevin Sheedy, spruiker extraordinaire.

100k… here we come.

Post of the year JD06!
Thanks for making my day.
It should be pinned to the top of the page as a reminder to everyone who ventures to this forum.

Yes, the move back to the MCG will be the most pressing issue of the next 10 years.

There is simply no way the club can continue to honour the contract at Docklands until 2025.

A possible solution will be the selling of 8-11 game ‘MCG games’ memberships as a new form to cover the shortfall.

If we are cleared by the tribunal, our membership may pass 70K this year. We will pass 100K in the next five years imho.

Quoted Post

Quoted Post
Game Of Footy
A rather poor attempt at fitting the theme... Lannisters = Hawthorn. Too pretty, too powerful by half. Starks = Essendon. Screwed 6 ways from Sunday but we'll come through. Renly Barratheon = Roosey. Popular but a fraud. Stannis Baratheon = Fark Carlton. Grumpy Mick. Greyjoys = Fairfax. Say no more. Daenerys Targaryen = Emma Quayle. <3 <3 <3

Hodor = Robbo

Little Finger = AFLPA and Matt Finnis (are they a friend, an enemy, or just using us for power gain?)

Joffrey = Damien Barrett. An infuriating little ■■■■ with an inflated sense of self-worth that everyone wants to just punch in the nose.

Wildlings = Gold Coast and GWS. No-one one is paying attention to them now, but in a couple years their list will be dominating everything.

The Mountain = Caro. Basically rides around destroying anything and everything without any accountability.

Tyrion = Chip Le Grand. Calls everyone out on their bullsh!t and is everyone’s favorite character (or journalist)

Carlton = Lolys Stokeworth because fark Carlton a hundred times

Quoted Post

Yes, the move back to the MCG will be the most pressing issue of the next 10 years. There is simply no way the club can continue to honour the contract at Docklands until 2025.

A possible solution will be the selling of 8-11 game ‘MCG games’ memberships as a new form to cover the shortfall.

If we are cleared by the tribunal, our membership may pass 70K this year. We will pass 100K in the next five years imho.

Amen to this. Cannot come quickly enough.

We already play our big games at the MCG. Moving from Etihad won’t suddenly make an extra 30k people show up to watch us play St Kilda. I’m all for moving the MCG, but I wouldn’t regard it as urgent until we’re filling the stadium regularly.

Quoted Post

Yes, the move back to the MCG will be the most pressing issue of the next 10 years.

There is simply no way the club can continue to honour the contract at Docklands until 2025.

Sheedy? :wink:

Quoted Post

We already play our big games at the MCG. Moving from Etihad won't suddenly make an extra 30k people show up to watch us play St Kilda. I'm all for moving the MCG, but I wouldn't regard it as urgent until we're filling the stadium regularly.

We already have 9 fixtures that can be at the MCG:
Pies x 2, Carlton x 2, Tigers x 2, Hawks, Geelong (we could get 60-65K), North Melbourne (we got big crowds through the 90’s at the G)

I also think we could get decent crowds to WCE, Adelaide and Port Adelaide games. Probably throw in Sydney as well.

Anyway the point won’t be crowd size it will be how many memberships we can sell. We are already near limit in terms of reserved seat memberships.

Quoted Post

Finally we can actually use the ‘Lid-Off’ phrase in our marketing.

Do it Essendon…

It’s not gonna happen. As much as we may wish, it just won’t.

Quoted Post

Quoted Post
We already play our big games at the MCG. Moving from Etihad won't suddenly make an extra 30k people show up to watch us play St Kilda. I'm all for moving the MCG, but I wouldn't regard it as urgent until we're filling the stadium regularly.

Pies x 2, Carlton x 2, Tigers x 2, Hawks, Geelong (we could get 60-65K), North Melbourne (we got big crowds through the 90’s at the G)

I also think we could get decent crowds to WCE, Adelaide and Port Adelaide games. Probably throw in Sydney as well.

Anyway the point won’t be crowd size it will be how many memberships we can sell. We are already near limit in terms of reserved seat memberships.

To make it worth the club buying out the Docklands deal we need to actually pack the joint out.
We’ve averaged 1 x 50k crowd at Docklands a year since it opened. It seats 55-56k.
There’s no business case for it.

Quoted Post

Quoted Post
Quoted Post

To make it worth the club buying out the Docklands deal we need to actually pack the joint out.
We’ve averaged 1 x 50k crowd at Docklands a year since it opened. It seats 55-56k.

Yeah, but something something

Quoted Post

Quoted Post
Quoted Post

Hopefully the return of some General Admission areas means we won’t be having 42k ‘sell outs’ again.

Quoted Post

Quoted Post
Quoted Post
Quoted Post

Hopefully the return of some General Admission areas means we won’t be having 42k ‘sell outs’ again.

the cheap areas usually fill up, its the ■■■■■ rich seats that are always underwhelming

Looking forward to the re-emergence of the mighty Bombers.

A unified footy club, all working together.

Go the mighty Bombers.

We were never leaving Windy Hill either.

Being a tenant of the best footy ground in Australia is the next big move for this club.

Will happen. Just need some sustained onfield success and the dominos will start to fall.

Biggest weakness of the team has been goal conversions and kicking low scores on average…

That’s where the improvement needs to come from, the midfielders need to be contributing more goals on the scoreboard.

Just relying on Daniher won’t work.

I’d have Hurley up forward because he’s a good on baller compared to other options, so is Daniher.

Carlisle I think is suited to defence with the option of being moved up the ground on occasions.

You need players to be matched accordingly from their strengths to positions on the ground and they need to be settled.

This preseason has in my opinion hampered the teams start to the season already.

The better teams will just get the job done because they know their role and are settled.

I still think Essendon is in the work in progress stage, mainly because of the unpredictable forward line.

Quoted Post

Quoted Post
Quoted Post
Quoted Post

25k people aren't staying home because of their seat.

Quoted Post

Yeah but he plays really well on AFL Live PlayStation in the forward line, kicked eight goals last game for me.

■■■■ thats funny