Post #BlitzDown Issues

keep getting bant by "reboot".

Clearly a design issue.

The server sucks.

Actually this is the same server the site ran on without problems for 6 months, and in that time had no issues.
It's just that they've had 15min of downtime twice this week, which would've happened if we'd never moved it in the first place. Bad timing, I suppose.

If it wasn’t for practice matches this site would be rock solid.

server struggling as much as we are.

is a side effect that the forum doesn't recognise last read position and also if i've posted in a thread? 

is a side effect that the forum doesn't recognise last read position and also if i've posted in a thread? 

Have noticed this just this afternoon. Thinking of dumping everyone's login session since that seems to be a recurring issue -- which I thought had been fixed.

We had the forum in Reimers Mode earlier - limited features, slightly simple - I think that marking threads as read is disabled in Reimers Mode.

Yep. Reimers Mode affected all forms of activity bar the absolute basics.

Well ... it crashed last week during the game because the limit of simultaneous processes was 20, I had that upped to 40 and now see that our sites are working again that it's up to 100. So if it does crash tonight, it should be for another groovy, ridiculous reason.

Given that we've only been on this new hosting just over a week, there's a very strong possibility I'll just go back to the old one.

Frigging simultaneous processes.

I knew it would be them.  It always is.

Even when it was da bears

no stress lads, thanks for the response. 

Just a quick update: I'm going through the server this morning and making modifications to Apache / SQL settings as well as some settings on the forum software. Only time will really tell because the server needs to be stressed to know if it will break.

I'm turning off:

- Thread rating because it barely gets used

- Thread tags because they barely get used

Also if need be we'll just throw the board into low-fi mode during games to keep it up, but I certainly don't want that to become the norm.

Stand by :)

If youtubes and gifs and jpgs are eating up...stuff...I can just stop posting them.

Nah that's fine.

Has anyone EVER used “Mark Community Read->Members” or “Mark Community Read->Forums” (neither of which actually make sense, and both have links in the left-hand column anyway)?
Is it too hard to remove that menu and just replace it with a “mark all as read” link/button?
(The links and menus at the bottom looking identical is ridiculous design, anyway.)
Agree that thread tags and ratings won‘t be missed.

I cant quote anyone to make a comment. I can at work but not on my home pc. any help is appreciated.

Others have had this issue because of internet explorer. Try another browser if possible.

Nah that's fine.

I've seen on a few other sites that use this that all youtube / images are in spoiler tags. Saves on processing apparently.

Others have had this issue because of internet explorer. Try another browser if possible.

how can i tell if its worked? oh yeah...

cheers.

To try and help alleviate server load there’s now a cool down timer on the search function, including ‘show new content’.

To try and help alleviate server load there's now a cool down timer on the search function, including 'show new content'.

Does it say "COOL YOUR JETS SEARCH LOVER" ?