Post-draft Best 22

How is Zerrett not ranked as elite after last year?

Corruption

I’d say that’s a rocket at the likes of BJ, stants, hocking, bags. they are currently best 22, but may not be at years end

1 Like

Yep, that and it’s not 2008. Hawks have lost most of the niggley ■■■■■■ that made up their unsociable young squad over the years, Mitchell and Lewis were just some of the last go.

I guess there is still Hodge, but these days he is more likely to be dealing with a niggle than to be niggley. So courageous.

1 Like

Hodge is suspended from Round 1. He missed a training session and called the wrong guy at the club to notify them. What a shame. So he won’t be playing us either.

1 Like

Yeah that is pretty funny.

Called the wrong guy… suuuure.

1 Like

Rd 1

Kelly Ambrose Hurley
Stanton Hartley Gleeson

Zaha jobe colyer
Smack hepp zerret

Parish JD tippa
Fanta hooker Stewart

Bj Conor Langford lav

Emg: Dea, howlett, McGrath

McGrath over Connor any day

No way.

Our biggest issue once we got it in the defence was breaking their wall in the 2nd half.

hawks are way better at this than geelong.

They both play. Can’t have 3 of stanton, kelly and baguley in the team.

1 Like

McGrath it 7 times, he is nowhere near it

1 Like

Thats because we had an extra back in Goddard, we needed couldnt break the wall as we where out numbered and had no one to kick it too.

1 Like

Round 1

Dea hartley ambrose
Kelly Hurley Gleeson
Colyer Watson parish
Tippa Daniher Langford
Green hooker fantasia

Mckernan Heppell Merrett

Laverde Stanton Goddard Stewart

1 Like

If I had to choice between MCG or Irish on who should be paying hbf I pick Irish any day.

Taller, more athletic, more experience, faster.

The only reason you go with MCG ATM is his footy iq. But MCG isn’t ready yet. Far from it ATM.

1 Like

My team for round 1:

Baguley Hartley Ambrose
Kelly Hurley Gleeson
Colyer Watson Parish
Tippa Daniher Langford
Green Hooker Fantasia
Mckernan Heppell Merrett

Laverde Stanton Goddard Stewart/Bellchambers

• Baguley had a shocker but he will get better the more games he plays given his injury, will be fired up to fight back after those late game blunders.

• Stewart as ruck backup but I would pick Belly if he makes a miraculous comeback over the next couple weeks.

Round 1

B: Dea - Hartley - Ambrose
HB: Kelly - Hurley - Gleeson
C: Zaharakis - Watson - Parish
HF: Stewart - Danoher - Tippa
F: Fantasia - Hooker - Green
R: McKernan - Heppell - Zerrett
Int: Stanton - Goddard - Langford - Laverde

Colyer in for green and I still want Conor in somehow but I’m sure I’m sounding like a broken record. Looks like a lot of people have suddenly swung back to 2 tall forwards and a resting ruck on the back of luey’s hammy

3 Likes

Forgot about Colyer, ugh. It’s hard to pin down a team but all I know is Smack will ruck and Stewart has been in good form and will probably be needed for backup in any case. Green deserves a spot if he’s fit, I’m tipping probably Lav doesn’t come up and Colyer comes in.

Still see McGrath as playing. Easy. He was very good JLT1 and good JLT2. Was quiet today but Baguley was a million times worse and we will need him (McGrath) to play small rd 1.

Not to mention that as a blue chipper he needs his 20 games pumped into him this year a la Heppell/Zach/Darcy.

After trade and draft, if anyone had said I’d have Green and Stewart in my Round 1 best 22, I would’ve laughed at them… and yet here we are.

7 Likes

And the good part of that is it’s not because the rest are rubbish. They’ve actually put their hand up.

3 Likes