Post-draft Best 22

I’ve got literally the exact same team except I’ve got Begley on the bench instead of Brown but that’s where you’re spot on as that spot could easily be one of the players you mentioned. I’ve got Begley in front of Laverde and Langford though if it really came down to it.

Id have begley in the team if only because his ■■■■ games where he gets 5 kicks will be lace out for the forwards to kick 20m in front of goal.

Yep. Even off limited touches he always seems to add to the scoreboard too. Was one of our best players in the Sydney final.

1 Like

Begley was pretty good in the intraclub… but Langford was better.

A langford in the midfield is safe, but thats not what langfords were made for.

1 Like

You should have that the other way around :slight_smile:

1 Like

Ball retention > forward momentum.

Nah, he takes good forward options when they’re on. He gets into trouble because he waits for them to open up. Happy to see him taking a few more conservative options rather than getting caught with it which was one of the big knocks on him.

We have the fastest forward line with explosive players there, just put it in front of them and trust when we’re on the ‘slingshot’.

raz, walla, joe, stewart, stringer, smith are all more than good runners.

raz and joe are also good in marking contests too.

We are a high tempo team every time we slow down the other teams midfield gets on top of us.

1 Like

I don’t disagree that we are a high tempo team. I do disagree that langford routinely burns good forward options.

2 Likes

Why do you hate The Langford Barnz?

I hate the midford, hes a forward.

1 Like

Kyle Midford?

1 Like

Just wish to note that Langford did not hold the ball for too long during the intra-club.

Indeed, one could argue there were one or two times he gave it up too quickly.

That’s progress.

((He really was quite good in the intra-club))

1 Like

I’ve only watched the first qtr at this stage, but from reading the thread on the weekend there seemed to be some people keen to delist him already

1 Like

Could Brown play second ruck?

Agree on that, In fact delivering the ball into 50 is probably one of Langford’s best attributes.

I personally still don’t see the contested inside player in him, but I’ve actually seen a bit of his outside game that might suggest he could be similar to an Andrew Embley style wingman maybe?

I think he links up very well.

His outside Game is definitely his strong suit. He had one Jobe like over the shoulder blind hand ball to bj at a clearance which was awesome .Think it was in the first quarter.

Could be a blumfield type smooth mover.

He has got some tricks on the inside, I’ll give you that. It’s just his intensity… I mean, I know Langford being ‘laconic’ is a blitz meme, but it is the thing that holds him back against genuine big bodies.

Either way, this is the year… Surely he hits his straps this year and becomes a regular senior contributor. He has too much talent not to.