Post farm day round 1 game review thread

It is time for Tex, give us something to look forward to

5 Likes

Martin was good.

1 Like

Geelong showed us that we are probably another 3 years away from having AFL hardened body shape and fitness. They also showed us that the game is a running game and not a jogging game. Our mids racked up possessions but did a lot of jogging. That is not going to cut it against the best teams.

11 Likes

In all seriousness, it’s almost like we practised an uncontested game style all pre season, so that is what we conditioned ourselves for. Clueless how to play real hard footy.

17 Likes

I’m going to live my life upside down on my hands, just so the ladder looks like we are in the top 4.

7 Likes

Our centre square setups are a real worry, looked like we had 1 midfielder vs 3 90% of the time.

I thought at some point we’d have our mids play defensive side of theirs to stop the constant take aways, but nope, never happened.

2 Likes

Who needs Tex when we have Martin

1 Like

When’s cricket season start?

3 Likes

Play the kids. Lol.

One of the most disappointing performances (and we’ve experienced a few) in recent times.

But as many others have said… I think we are becoming more immune to this ■■■■ now.

I didn’t expect to win today but I thought we would battle a hell of a lot harder than what was dished up.

Either Geelong are that good (which I don’t believe) or we have some fundamental issues as a club that even with a change of coach and relatively young list are just refusing to go away.

We are comfortably one of the easiest clubs to play against (particularly if the opponent is semi-decent), show the least desire and toughness of any team in the competition combined with the lowest collective IQ of any AFL list.

And when you link this with a supporter base (myself included) that often put an unrealistic timeline of success? A toxic combination.

6 Likes

Didn’t we bring in Kelly to stop the likes of Stengle running rampant?

Laverde and co were towelled up by Hawkins (before he got injured). 104kg beast against a 90kg Laverde…

We back our boys. Right?

1 Like

I thought the Cats were supposed to be old and slow :grimacing:

That would mean showing some hussle and adapting your thinking to the situations as they arose. Our mids are just not good at that.

Game was lost in the middle.

How many goals did they kick from uncontested situations at the back of contests?

A pathetic lack of accountability from our mids.

Martin is a ■■■■■■■ stud!

8 Likes

Where is the changes thread?
I’m ready.

2 Likes

This is what I’m gonna do to the next person that gets my hopes up.

8 Likes

Slow, fumbly, unaccountable and lazy. We’ve been drinking copious amounts of bath water this pre season and just got smoked.

Bring your mouthguard Monday boys.

15 Likes

They are, how bad are we

Can we program Rutten to repeat Beverages press conference but replace Tom Morris with the Essendon players?

3 Likes