Post farm day round 1 game review thread

do we still do post game threads?

share your thoughts gang

7 Likes

Tenor

27 Likes

Fine, I’ll start.

6 months to prepare for this game. 6 months.

6 months to develop a semblance of a structure that may actually be competitive. To work out how to deliver the ball to our forwards. To work out how to not let it waltz from one end of the ground to another. To learn how to make use of kick ins. To freaking mark the ball. Hit a 1m target with a handball.

6 months to even look like you wanted to be out there. â– â– â– â–  me. They looked like they had been dragged out against their will.

The signs were there in the St Kilda game, but it’s ok, we were just changing things up, just toying with them.

Complete and utter failure by our coaching panel. Truck may be good at creating content for the website but there is absolutely nothing to suggest he can develop and coach a football team.

Get â– â– â– â– â– â–  with your scripted videos. Get â– â– â– â– â– â–  you soulless, vacuous void of a football club. Scotty from marketing has more substance. You are nothing.

55 Likes

Absolute train wreck.

8 Likes

All things considered…

That was the most disappointing round 1 game I have seen from us.

Nick Martin is an absolute colt though. Unbelievable.

15 Likes

Just gonna leave this one here.

10 Likes

we-suck-again-oh-no

61 Likes

i dont think it an overreaction to fold the club

14 Likes

Positives- Martin is a player, Perkins will be too. Laverde bouncing back.

Negatives- Langford injured again. Everything else.

7 Likes

Nick Martin, 11 out of 10. Great debut. The team today played â– â– â– â– .

14 Likes

Ouch

7 Likes

Everyone at the club, bar Nick Martin, can get â– â– â– â– â– â–  for dishing up that vomit

8 Likes

Sat in the sun for the game.
Beer cues crazy long
Geelong fans acting like arrogant flogs
We were appalling
…and yet I’m still kinda glad footy is back

25 Likes

Essendon Football Club

Where talent comes to die.

4 Likes

Nic Martin that is all. What a debut.

3 Likes

It’s okay

We’re still in the top 8

25 Likes

happy to be at the footy on a sunny day after two years of not being able to do that much. essendon still puts the “fun” in “lack of fundamental ball skills”

37 Likes

What did the players actually learn during the pre-season?
Because we learned more in 100 minutes than 3 months.

bad, on to the next. Nothing to that expect Martin and Perkins early.

Feel like attitude is the problem. We played soft all day. Back us to respond next week.

2 Likes

Felt like a kid on Xmas morning rocking up to the ground. only to have my dad tell me “sorry son, its June18th”

6 Likes