Post farm day round 1 game review thread

I reckon his absence and our performance today does say a bit about us being too similar through our midfield.

7 Likes

In some ways we were lucky Stringer didnā€™t play otherwise Martin might have not?

2 Likes

youā€™re not numb to it

just look at your behaviour in the game day thread

5 Likes

Highlight of the day was a 3/4 text from @Windy_Dill highlighting that they were playing zombie by the cranberries on the PA for usā€¦

6 Likes

Why would anyone at the club put any effort in when thereā€™s people who fail upwards and get praise like theyā€™ve got an outstanding resume?

NO, but that didnā€™t stop Blitz thinking a 190cm 89kg medium defender from a bottom side was going to fix all our problems. He was never going to be the shutdown small defender we needed. That player is McGrath but the club is too farking stupid to realise that wasting a No.1 pick on a good small defender is still better than wasting it on a bog average mid. One thing you certainly canā€™t accuse the club of is being humble enough to learn from mistakes.

8 Likes

They never fail to disapoint Essendon every bloody year itā€™s the same ā– ā– ā– ā–  like how can a football club be so crap for so long arent any of the players sick and tired of being crap?

1 Like

Well we would have been a lot harder at the contest if Stringer did play.

Farm Day?
It was a farming disgrace is what it was.

2 Likes

We were missing Stringer (and Walla, of course). We needed a second ruckman, be that Phillips or Bryan - ideally, one who could hold down a forward spot as well.

Durham should have got a game ahead of Hamster.

One of Parish, Merrett and McGrath should be dropped ā€” probably Parish.

Stewart was next to useless: he needs a spell in the Magoos to hone his craft. Zerk should be played instead of him.

A witchā€™s hat would have done more than the Captain. He was a liability. Iā€™m afraid the game has passed him by. Back to the Magoos with him, while he considers his future.

MARTIN IS A GEM !

6 Likes

Spot on re Parish, Merrett and Mcgrath. Horrendous games.

1 Like

Last day of my holiday and took my 8 year old son surfing at coolangatta and told him we have to get out of the water to go watch the footy at the hotel. He wasnā€™t impressed at halftime and he was dirty I made him sit down and watch that crap. :laughing:. Disgusting effort first up by the boys. Hopefully they cop a flogging on the track and show some guts next week. Well done to Nick Martin.

4 Likes

The level of fumbling was concerning.

When we did get the ball when it mattered we stuffed it up more often than not.

Have to be cleaner.

Is that rust? Maybe. But how can you not be prepared for the start of the season? What is preseason for?

2 Likes

Play the kids.

Season is cooked.

5 Likes

X has to go been saying it for years!

They care more about ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  their gym facilities, and membership numbers to pay the bills and make profit than winning ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  footy games

3 Likes

i know right

geelong mates in the group chat arenā€™t even up and about. this is normal for them

1 Like

Truth is the players probably drank their own bath water over the summer after a few media personalities spoke about how good our list it.

The lack of accountability in the midfield, and the large number of players who are simply unable to do the tough stuff will always cost us

I know itā€™s a running gag, but youā€™re either stupid or ignorant if you donā€™t believe we need a big bodied mid

3 Likes

How did Melbourne win the flag?
Strategic signings for what they needed. May, Lever, Langdon etc.
what do we need a key forward and small forward - friggin try harder and get them aka Geelong with Cameron and Stengle!!!

At the end of the day we have a mediocre list with far too many B or C graders that our fans think are elite

32 Likes

For fluff stories to convince us memberships are worth the outlay