Post-game: Bombers 82 - Saints 80

Whether you’re “a win is a win” or “bad wins are bad games” can people stop with the argument that we would have lost that game in the past?

Last year we lost to Melbourne and the Saints, true. But we beat the Bulldogs by 8 and 7 points, Brisbane by 8, GWS by 15, and drew with fark Carlton.

The issue is playing badly against bad teams. Whether we win or lose is a separate debate, albeit an important one.

Experiment is over btw

Carlisle is not a forward.

We’ve knocked Richmond off ninth … “ninthington”

• Flat-footed
  • Second to the ball
  • Too many handballs to stationary players (see first point)
  • Giving away too many needless frees (Looking at you Dempsey)
  • No forward system

How the hell we won that match I don’t know. Saints were busy, hard, tough committed, and we wanted none of it. Thought we could break through the banner and win by 10 goals. I reckon there would only be a handful of players who actually turned up with the right attitude for the contest. We look a million miles off how we played v Hawthorn, and until we can produce that sort of effort on a consistent basis, we won’t be any better than last year. Beat the reigning premiers, then nearly lose to the wooden spooners 3 weeks later. I don’t know what we need to do to fix this mentality…

If you go by the hawks/syd games as thats our benchmark for 100% output intensity etc.

Like i said in the match thread we went at about 80% the whole match, while the saints went at varying levels between 85 -70 % of their 100% output.

Thats all it really is, that and tactically the saints played a chipping game that exploits the way we set up defensively.

The rest is was just run of the mill stuff, no where near some of the claims and reactions that were in there, the carkton game was at least 3 times as worse as todays effort.

But its the same old chestnut, it you pick and choose when you decide to put in 100% , then you’re always going to be vulnerable in games like this , and also vulnerable to not being able to change the mentality during the game , collingwood game as an exeample.

The season so far across the board has shown pretty much any team, maybe bar the bottom 4 can match any team on any day , if they bring 100 % intensity and effort.

Ehich is why i continue to say that those two things should be the biggest contributing factor in how we rate our games. If we get to a stage where we can being 90-100 effort week in week out, the wina will take care of themselves.

Until you acknowledge and learn to do that though, we will contine to be the current version of what we are.

Experiment is over btw

That's right. He's a crumbing goal sneak.

I am hoping TBell is just suffering some kind of superiority complex, and after 5 games being whipped by the opposition ruckman, he will note the reality check and step up. Otherwise we have a choice of 2 ruckmen ready to come in.

Experiment is over btw

Geez I’d hate to ask what Daniher is then on a day where Carlisle kicked 4

However, out of 4th spot by percentage only!!!

Belly was fantastic in the last

Dempsey was great. Was basically giving free kicks away for tackling to hard

Colyer is a gun

Saints through everything at us

Fucksticks will whinge and carry on

Big fan of Hams

it’s a bit of a fuckstick epidemic at the moment.

Well, we have a ruckman who can’t win a hitout, midfielders who can’t win a clearance, and forwards who can’t kick goals from set shots. That we managed to win in spite of this is actually kind of amazing.

I feel like I’ve been watching the most poorly skilled team in the competition for the better part of 10 years and I don’t feel like it’s getting any better.

We desperately need two things:

1. Heath Hocking back in the midfield;

2. A ruckman — any ruckman — this playing without one is really getting on my ■■■■.

On the bright side: Kyle Langford is a real find. He’s a future star.

The only positive to come out of the game is Carlisle kicked 4 (although fluffed an easy set shot) and Ambrose was actually somewhat dangerous up forward.

Otherwise it was fkn shitful performance

If we can’t hit basic targets under no pressure good luck when Freo bring a the serious heat next week.

But as said, we somehow find a way to rise to the challenge of the better sides… Just frustrating as hell we also find a way to fall to the standard of the lesser sides.

Lack of pace a huge concern,couple of blokes lucky to get a game next week.
Still think our game plan is not much chop

Don’t get the belly hate. Actually thought he beat Longer

Well, we have a ruckman who can't win a hitout, midfielders who can't win a clearance, and forwards who can't kick goals from set shots. That we managed to win in spite of this is actually kind of amazing.

I feel like I’ve been watching the most poorly skilled team in the competition for the better part of 10 years and I don’t feel like it’s getting any better.

Astute post.
If you go by the hawks/syd games as thats our benchmark for 100% output intensity etc.

Like i said in the match thread we went at about 80% the whole match, while the saints went at varying levels between 85 -70 % of their 100% output.

Thats all it really is, that and tactically the saints played a chipping game that exploits the way we set up defensively.

The rest is was just run of the mill stuff, no where near some of the claims and reactions that were in there, the carkton game was at least 3 times as worse as todays effort.

But its the same old chestnut, it you pick and choose when you decide to put in 100% , then you’re always going to be vulnerable in games like this , and also vulnerable to not being able to change the mentality during the game , collingwood game as an exeample.

The season so far across the board has shown pretty much any team, maybe bar the bottom 4 can match any team on any day , if they bring 100 % intensity and effort.

Ehich is why i continue to say that those two things should be the biggest contributing factor in how we rate our games. If we get to a stage where we can being 90-100 effort week in week out, the wina will take care of themselves.

Until you acknowledge and learn to do that though, we will contine to be the current version of what we are.

Accurate post. Must bring 100% intensity which is only mindset.

We are on the ropes right now, and gotta find a way to get off and that is through counter attack, grit, flare, effort, taking the game on, running, hardness, head over the ball, running, attack oh did I say running.

Experiment is over btw

Geez I’d hate to ask what Daniher is then on a day where Carlisle kicked 4

Young and dumb but still learning the game.

Is Melksham the team barometer for 2015? Was hot the first two rounds, and made some comically weak attempts today.

I am hoping TBell is just suffering some kind of superiority complex, and after 5 games being whipped by the opposition ruckman, he will note the reality check and step up. Otherwise we have a choice of 2 ruckmen ready to come in.

ATTITUDE is 80% of all application