Post-game: Bombers 82 - Saints 80

One positive point is Colyer’s continuing progress. Has gun potential now that he has fixed his disposal.

Trust some spud forward to turn up against us and kick a bag. Thank goodness, Colyer is in the team and providing some much needed run through the corridors.

Dempsey wasn’t our worst, but I have to agree that he made too many bad mistakes this week for a senior player. However we need someone with some leg speed and dash, so he’ll stay.

Also at least two of his ‘free kicks against’ were complete BS so that doesn’t help…

On the bright side: Kyle Langford is a real find. He’s a future star.

Are you serious? Possibly the worst debut game I have ever seen. He looked and played scared. I don’t normally bag individuals but he just was not up to it and needs at least a fully season in the VFL.

Trust some spud forward to turn up against us and kick a bag. Thank goodness, Colyer is in the team and providing some much needed run through the corridors.

Bruce is a good player.

We are just so S-L-O-O-O-O-O-W.

Except for Colyer anyway.

Common potatoes were all saying how fast this game was.
Lots of people critical of Essendon players, not giving the Saints enough credit.

Yeah, but teams aren’t saying “hey, we’ve got Essendon this week, let’s play out of our absolute skins, our effort of the season”. They play well because we let them play that way. We let teams dictate the terms. Good teams snub out the oppositions game plan.

Is Jd injured ?

Fletch has lost no pace at all. Jack steven is very quick and ol’ mate kept up with him for a good 40m

I’ll gladly take the win.
But it doesn’t matter how much you polish a turd, its still crap.
Is Jobe 100%? Theres no leadership, theres no spark when its needed. Very lucky to win and whether its the coaches or the players, some backsides need to kicked this week. We look less than ordinary and going by the way lesser sides have lifted this season its going to be long time before we’re top 4 like some thought.

Dare I say it…

We would have dropped that game last year!

Ugly win, plenty to work on.

Our forward line has some serious issues, time to turn to Lloyd for a second opinion. As at the moment our forward line has a disease nomarknogoalitis.

We are severely lacking some inside midfield support for Watson, can’t wait for Myers and hocking to be back

Are you serious? Possibly the worst debut game I have ever seen. He looked and played scared. I don’t normally bag individuals but he just was not up to it and needs at least a fully season in the VFL.

QA you may rue these words I think.

Fletch has lost no pace at all. Jack steven is very quick and ol' mate kept up with him for a good 40m

He nearly had him, was willing him!!

Subbing Daniher was a gutsy move.
Lots of mistakes, but not all bad.
Frustrating to watch but well done guys.
They are obviously trying, especially in that last quarter.
Yep, we won a last quarter!

We will be a 3-4 goal better team if we stop going wide with these dinky kicks to a stationary player that results in a turn-over goal and also stop getting caught holding the ball because the player won’t kick to a contest under any circumstance…

Fark off ,I thought he showed plenty.

Saints were well and truely up for that game, you could tell by their reactions at the end. We had a few good players down (Hooker and Heppell come to mind). Hams did some good things towards the end. Langford will be better for the run.

4 points, move on.

The midfield is slow and timid, and some of the guys in the vfl who could come in are slow and timid.

We’re fked.

Fletcher unbelievable.
Even when he came off something good happened,
Hams came on!

Hams gave us leg speed and forced a forward sub.

In all the years I’ve been a member of forums, I have never put anyone on ‘ignore’.
Today - I put 7 of my teams ‘supporters’ on ‘ignore’

Miserable ■■■■■.

Belly was fantastic in the last

Dempsey was great. Was basically giving free kicks away for tackling to hard

Colyer is a gun

Saints through everything at us

Fucksticks will whinge and carry on

Big fan of Hams

This!!!