Post Port Honour Conor Review Thread

How about when he was dead caught in the middle and just kicked over his head? No worries bruvva. Just do this without me bro.

3 Likes

Because we’re absolutely farking amazing without being absolutely amazing. Yet.

2 Likes

They said earlier he was from northern England and later apologised, with Conor responding that he and others simply referred to it as Ireland.

Ok. So, I may not me totally lucid right now but does anyone else think if we can play like this, get a bit more polish and absorb pressure a little more (because Port are dead set front runners) we can potentially take it up to the best sides and tick off the lesser sides? So long as we keep the work rate going? I think we might actually have something here. It’s not huge come from behind wins against the Dockers or stay with them wins against premiership sides. It’s not even beating Richmond but maybe, just maybe we are starting to get a game together that can’t be beat.

3 Likes

UP COONEY FARK PORT

15 Likes

nah

2 Likes

Nah. ■■■■ that guy.

2 Likes

Haysooose on a crucifix I’ve just tucked the missus into bed, I’m tripping balls and we smashed Port by farking that amount.

HAAALLUJAH!

3 Likes

Been many, MANY a year since I have continually said ‘man we are freeeeeging quick!’.ball movement out of the backline was so fast, then the run. My goodness the run…

A great match, both at the ground and afterwards on the to replay. We dominated the match from start to finish, and there were so many great moments. Our defence was strong, our transition was sleek, our midfield did well, and the forwards were dominant. So much good stuff to take from the game, but some special mentions:

• As others have mentioned, Belly was great. What sets him apart from Leuy though is that when he gets the ball he is damaging, whereas Leuy had you concerned what he would do.
  • Hooker was fantastic, both the goals AND the goal assists.
  • Stewart seems to be operating on settings of “fantastic” or “missing”. Tonight was fantastic mode.
  • Walla was great.
  • McKenna gave us so much run, especially early. Truly turning into a damaging player.
  • Hurley, Hartley, Kelly and Bags were all great (apart from that WTF kick out by Hurley).
  • Heppell is getting back to beast mode. And his disposal is more forward instead of backwards focussed.
  • Zerrett, Jobe and BJ all good.
  • Colyer much better.
  • Fantasia didn’t get a heap, but most of his touches were damaging and influenced the game.

Now, some negatives, since this is a review thread (please don’t jump on me like some did DKP with Geelong).

• I’ve been a supporter of Myers, but he’s got to be dropped. He’s not getting it much, and he’s stuffing up so much when he does. That failed 1:2 with Merrett was the most obvious example. Langford can play the same role better.
  • Gleeson was incredibly weak. In the literal sense. Fended off, tackles broken, unable to break tackles, failure to run after stuffing up. I’d drop him so fast it’s not funny. Add in a howler or two, and it really was a shocking night for him. He was good last week, but I’m stunned he’s getting games ahead of Dea.

Howlett will probably also make way for Parish, but he wasn’t terrible or anything. Just average.

5 Likes

After one delay after another we finally got in to Beijing at 1:50am. Missed all of the game and only saw the scores briefly whilst in Changsha airport earlier. I did manage to send a text to any Port supporters I knew giving them stick about the loss

7 Likes

I’m willing to cut the guys that missed 12 months with suspension some slack. Some of them are taking abit longer. Though they better start putting it together soon, after the bye its going to be serious business.

How good is McGrath.

1 Like

Re the Ryder booing saga; I love how that bozo luke Daaarcy read out a tweet from Josh Toy, just to demonstrate how stupid we all are for booing that ■■■■■■■■. Seriously, read out a tweet from Kim Jong-Il next time as well you dumb manipulative ■■■■■■■■.

14 Likes

No. ■■■■ that guy.

2 Likes

Interesting you can watch a great team performance and come out with your prejudices intact.
Gleesons coverage for teammates, run and spread, and choice of options, particularly in the first half was excellent.
Did just what was asked and what Dea can’t do.
No wonder he was stuffed at times in the second half.
As for Myers, try watching his blocking work at stoppages to get Hepp, Zach, and others space to do their thing.
You might figure out why the coaches keep playing him.

29 Likes

Kim Jong Il tweets?

1 Like

How else would we know that he’s ronery?

5 Likes

Kim Jong Number One is worth a look

Kim Jong Il is a little bit dead

Spot on, gleeson was good last week too, seems to be designated intercept mark now.all of sudden. And Connor has been great aside from a few fluffed kicks in his first game or two