Post Port Honour Conor Review Thread

6 Likes

Just flicked through Port’s goal kickers. Nothing there for Big Jon Butcher. Did he even play tonight?

2 Likes

Was our biggest win against Port since 2000 - the very first game played at Docklands.

3 Likes

Ah no we wouldn’t…

1 Like

This seems like complaining for the sake of it? They didn’t really make any stuff ups about this and when interviewing Conor he was the one insistent that you see Ireland as a whole re McGregor being the most famous sportsman

(also how is the lack of respect for Rory disappointing Conor BJ needs to have a word with him about golf)

2 Likes

We are a top 4 team but for consistency

1 Like

Stacks of things to love in this game, here are my top 3:

That first quarter. When yer hot yer hot and we were blistering. I haven’t jumped around that much since Hooker’s late goal to sink the Hawks. I might’ve cracked a bone in my foot, it hurts like hell.

The confidence of Stewart. He was shaking and shimmying and shrugging and was clean as fark.

Conor and McGrath. Absolutely killed it. That bit when McGrath outmarked Gray, then a moment later the ball came back in and these two exuded all the cool and class in the world to safely bring the ball out on the last line. Banderas gif worthy.

11 Likes

Old Adelaide mate lost for words for this very reason. Extremely satisfying. Lived over there through all of the Wanganeen years and every freaking time they ejected us from the finals.

1 Like

That JoeDan tumble kick goal was pure ■■■■ taking at it’s finest, the guy is a freak.

5 Likes

I preferred his set shot from 50 on the boundary which was straight as an arrow

10 Likes

Was a thing of beauty – straight as, but he curved it in beautifully.

10 points for The Late Show reference. :clap:

3 Likes

if @Aceman was in adelaide he’d be cruising the streets blasting our club song.

2 Likes

Backed Bombers on Sportsbets 24 points up offer. Was paid out first quarter. GOLD.

2 Likes

The number of times I said “that’s ridiculous” or “how did we do that?” Just a fun fun night at the footy. Going to savour the replay.

2 Likes

Yes, they did, in early commentary they said he was from Northern Ireland.

EDIT: Northern England. There’s the moron part for you.

Have only watched the second half - gee I thought Hartley and Gleeson were excellent. The ball movement at times was the best I’ve seen in many years from an Essendon team. The vision of Fantasia running and bouncing through the middle of the ground is both exciting in the moment and satisfying for our progression knowing that we have a decade of those fleet feet and sublime foot skills ahead of us.

David Zaharakis continues to piece together a really important season.

Looking forward to watching James Stewart’s first half - his credibility as a third tall is hugely significant.

I’ve made my Conor Mckenna thoughts well known in the appropriate thread - wow.

Go Bombers.

2 Likes

Iniitially they said he was from Northern England.

5 Likes

Judging from the fact that they started a post-game thread in big footy at 8.41!!! most appear to have stopped watching early in the 2nd qtr… some are claiming worse loss in their history lololololol

1 Like

I don’t know what’s more bewildering, the fact we won by 70 or that we burned atleast half a dozen big opportunities going inside 50 and should have won by 100+.

How the fk does a full strength supposed premiership contender come to Melbourne and lucky not to escape with a 100 point belting to a mid table team??

4 Likes