Pre-Season 2022

everyone on here is looking forward to a nackers report!!

3 Likes

Not sure how it’s relevant to this thread, but my nackers are a bit itchy! That’s all I have to report.

2 Likes

This morning’s session was a bit of a surprise, none of the regular watchers that I know knew it was happening.

I couldn’t make it but I spoke to a friend that did and it sounds like it was really just a bit of a warmup to stretch the legs. There was a little bit of ball work along with some running, he thinks they started about 10am and it was all over by 11.

The new coaches were there, Stanton and Rance, and in addition to the 1-5 year players there were also a few older ones, Phillps, Hind Kelly to name a few.

He was allowed into the ground to watch, but as he was the only one there they may not have taken much notice. Apparently a few people have turned up to watch the soccer team train and have been watching from outside the fence, so we’re still not sure if we will be allowed inside the precinct.

On the subject of the soccer team training there all of their gear is portable and moved to the side of the second oval when not in use, so it shouldn’t cause any issues with our use of the oval presuming they schedule different training times, which I’m sure will happen.

A few players have also been seen back training for a few weeks already, including Bryan who’s put on a bit more bulk, Francis and Stringer, who according to reports is in even better condition than last year, and has been doing a lot of extra work during the off season.

That’s about all for now, hopefully I’ll be able to find out when future sessions are on before they happen.

104 Likes

QONVIyz

57 Likes
16 Likes

The Office Nooo

28 Likes

Off to sportsbet I go…$151

3 Likes

I approve of this!!!

It’s almost better than the season proper😄

@loyalandproud is trying to contain her excitement.

2 Likes

Tell that to freaking 2013!

6 Likes

I thought more highly of you, young man.

4 Likes

Clearly knows what it takes to win a Brownlow.

11 Likes

Stringer, who according to reports is in even better condition than last year

So someone else is going to cop the fat shaming for the next season?

Even though skin fold calipers are no longer allowed, there is another bit of technology which could be used to detect fat players, I think its called a “Smart Body Fat Scale”

2 Likes

1 Like

EFA

8 Likes

I saw an article recently where they recast the 2020 Draft

I mean its really a bit early to do that, but FWIW Perkins was rated ahead of Cox.
The way I saw it, Cox started brilliantly and faded quite a bit, while Perkins improved on a reasonable start to his career.

Both should benefit from a full preseason, hopefully without the commonly experienced quieter second season. Anyway they both got off to a good start with new hairdos, made possible by Dictator Dan

8 Likes

Can’t believe they are allowing Heppell around the club after his outrageous behaviour. Club’s farked.

7 Likes