Pre-season training 2019-11-25 Monday

What? All I ever read on here is how our vision statement is focussed on “purposely driven innovation” and we don’t have any football related goals.
How can it also have this?

So people want to whinge that we don’t have goals, but they also want to whinge that we didn’t meet the goals we had…but apparently didn’t have.

It’s really hard to keep up with what we should be whinging about.

2 Likes

I dunno. I think quite clearly the difference between us and the top teams wrt age demographics is the other end of the scale.

Here’s the number of players the teams above us have that are 27+:
Richmond 13
West Coast 15
Collingwood 14
GWS 11
Geelong 17
Brisbane 9
Essendon 9

Brisbane the same number as us. I’m definitely in the camp that they were an anomaly this year and will crash next year.

GWS don’t have heaps for obvious reasons. But they’ve obviously got a tonne more talent than everyone else. Watch out in 2-3 more years.

Every other side has heaps more players in the 27+ age demographic and that to me is indicative of a side in the window.

If you were to also look at the average games played of those players, the difference would be even more stark.

3 Likes

It’s the experience of our younger players is all that is needed

We refused to play them…instead played Myers, Bags, Brown, Hartley etc…now we kick them out, and expect the young ones to come good. I am afraid we are set back further…and we need to give more games before they can come good.

3 Likes

The correct answer is everything

3 Likes

Probably would have still lost to GWS.

With one more win we would have played GWS in a final.

Probably would have lost to GWS again.

To be fair, that would be a hell of a lot more accurate than nothing.

1 Like

When I paid my member last year I was told that sort of stuff by the lady on the phone. So where did she get her information from? I think it was to entice people to sign up again for another year. I was so impressed I unsigned this year.

Can we rename the thread bomberblitz pre season training reports? Keep on the topic guys we dont need all this dribble

3 Likes

Don’t go and get all emotional.

People have been saying premierships should be the goal not top 4.

3 Likes

I made the point that Richmond have been at the top of their game for 3 years now and the same goes for a lot of the other sides you have named. They weren’t old then.

My point is that Richmond have rejuvenated their list(evidence by their spread of youth) whilst still winning flags.

And my point is, we have as much experience now, as they did 3 years ago. So we are behind them on that demographic, quite clearly. So if you’re using them as an example, it suggests we should be looking for flags now, not 3 years ago.

And I’ve now seen the article you pulled that table from. Richmond have 10 150 gamers, we have 5. Geelong and West Coast have 12, Colloingwood 9, GWS 7, Brisbane 6. They’ve got the experienced players, we are only now developing that, as are Brisbane.

1 Like

Oh FFS! You obviously have no idea.

As amusing to me as is it that your frustration with Nino’s posts is only matched by his obliviousness, you might want to find a new hobby.
Your Nino-bashing is not so much getting old as decomposing at this point.

5 Likes

This thread is a mess. Please go back to creating a new thread for every training session like previous years.

17 Likes

The lack of experience is from our own doing though. The saga obviously but also having guys like Smack and Phillips on our list. Older guys with little match experience. Our list would look significantly worse with Hartley and Brown still with us. The club made the right decision there.

I can’t see any comparisons in how our lists were formed. We are still tinkering now.

OK, today is another training day, but its all a bit ho hum, until Joe gets out there and starts kicking them from 70 out. I guess will will need to wait until February 2020 for that.

Having said that, any report confirming that Hooker is training with the forwards will be of interest.
I expect that to be the case actually.

1 Like

They were still tinkering 3, and even 2 years ago.

Keep in mind they had Griffiths in their best side in early 2017, and Nankervis only debuted in 2017.

Previously they’d tried almost half a dozen other talls - Vickery, McBean, Hampson, Todd Elton, Chol.
Plus they changed a fair bit with their rotation mids & flankers from 2016 into 2017 - Miles, Hunt and Deledio out, Caddy & Prestia in, Castagna/Butler/Lambert became mainstays.

I agree, but they had the nucleus of their side. Rance, Cochran, Reiwoldt, Dusty and other key players were their and still young.

We have Hooker, Hurley, Heppell and an unhappy Joe. Clearly we have issues.

I usually agre me, too.