Pre-season training 2019-11-25 Monday

Whoa, firing off a rogue bullet there I see…

Bad enuff pun?

Weirdest training reports ever.

8 Likes

I think the training reports so far are a positive in this regard. It sounds like there is a focus on the players getting fitter initially

2 Likes

Any reports?

1 Like

I truly expected that we would win by 10+ goals. The Adelaide win was objectively excellent and I believed it would be the start of something truly solid.

The absolutely disgraceful non-effort the following week was for me one of the two most disappointing performances of the year.

The other was actually the pre-season game against Fark Carlton. Yes it was pre-season. But we had heard nothing from anyone at the club but how fantastic the pre-season training had been, how this year was going to be, premiership window, genuine top 4 side, etc, etc, and what did we get in our very first outing???

Nothing. Zero. Nada. No effort. No spirit. Non event. And that set the tone for the entire season.

I’m lid on. Until I see a total turnaround from that pathetic level of non-effort, it will stay on. I don’t care who’s been recruited or who’s recovered from injury or anything else except attitude and effort.

11 Likes

100% agree

No more pathetic/non competitive laziness in the the JLT series i want to see full on effort and attitude time to make a statement and have some winning momentum heading into rd 1

1 Like

next time the storm or the hawks put in a poor one bellamy clarkson dont miss the players.

Can you point to one of these articles in pre-season that suggested we were in the premiership window or top 4 side yada yada yada. I don’t recall the club ever saying any of that crap. I reckon there was the odd little thing from outside the club. But my recollection is the club played it down.

How many private school kids do we have on the list v Collingwood?

If I suggested we’d drafted more public school kids since Sheedy left could you prove me otherwise?

Why do you think private schools would deliver well balanced kids?

To be fair the club has continually said that it’s building a side that can compete for premierships year on year. They have said that numerous times over the last few years.

One of our key goals set out in our ‘Vision Statement’ was to be a top 4 side by 2018. That has obviously come and gone.

We may not shout it from the rooftops but we certainly have some semblance of a goal.

1 Like

You have lost the plot Bacchusfox.

He was literally making a figure of speech. The fact that you bring in domestic violence is disgusting.

Although I shouldn’t be surprised at someone who berates and yells at a 20 year old kid having a laugh after a footy game and not understanding his mental struggles.

I read 3 random posts about violence, just want to know how is it that Essendon players have become women?

Sure I note that a couple of private school Richmond supporters are doing jail time for assault. So. Sure its no guarantee.that a private school education produces gentlemen in every case. Dodoro gives away his thinking in press conferences. You know, leader, good family etc etc Do you hear Dodoro saying the kids a hard nut, uncompromising in the contest.

It’s more that women became Essendon players.

Hi VFLW team.

True to form, we just cannot seem to kick straight.

1 Like

That Carlton preseason game was something out of the twilight zone

Carlton won about 15 centre clearances in a row

Essendon players looked like it was round 22 and like footy was the last thing they wanted to do

It was basically Tippa vs 18 blokes

The strangest 2 hours of footy I’d ever seen

6 Likes

It has been starting around 9.15 this year

1 Like

We knew they weren’t ready mentally…it showed in the first two rounds. Imagine if we won those two games…would we have not played West Coast in Perth for the final?

Building for “sustained success” …isn’t everyone doing that ??

On the Parish, Francis draft:

“It’s an exciting night for the club. We got what we wanted. which was getting a bit of speed, toughness and competitiveness into the club."

On Dylan Clarke

“He’s an animal”

On Guelfi

“ When you are losing guys of the quality as Benny Howlet and Heath Hocking, we really wanted to add some grunt to our midfield and he will certainly give us that.”

On Townsend

“ Jacob will provide us with a really hard edge. He is a player that is really combative, and we felt that we needed these attributes in our line-up,”

2 Likes