Pre-season training 2019-12-05 Thursday

Great work

Was Townsend there and how was he fitting in?

He trained with the clogger group.

31 Likes

Firstly, thanks heaps Deckham for the insights, especially the bolded names!

Secondly, Kobe Mutch is my man this year. I reckon he’ll be our most improved and will become a regular through the midfield and across half-forward. There, I’ve said it.

Now I’d kindly beg you not to remind me of the fact that back in 2013 I predicted that 2014 would officially become known as “The Year of Lauchlan Dalgliesh”.

11 Likes

It’ll be the same thing next season that we had this season

“Darcy and Langers have some things to work on”, so they’ll be played VFL until round 8. Meanwhile, Townsend and Cutler are running around with stink lines coming off them racking up 8 possession games while Parish and Langford play twos.

A real cutl favourite.

I think parish can transform our midfield if we invest in him. He’s the guy that just gets to contests, scraps and scrags and wins then by being a little bit quicker and a little bit smarter than the next guy.

There was a contest in the crows game in our forward line where he flat out schooled Rory Sloan to set up Merrett for a goal.

He’ll benefit from having a brute like Hibberd next to him too.

9 Likes

Rubbish, Our mids have been shatting themselves for years

2 Likes

Great report thanks @Deckham.

My enthusiasm has increased from 0% to 2%. By rd 1 I should be almost excited again.

13 Likes

Amazing what a difference two letters make, damn Auto text

Until you’re brutally cut down post round 1 after a goalless first quarter, only getting 52 points for the game, and losing by 18 points.

4 Likes

It won’t matter because it’ll only be rd 1. :wink:

3 Likes

I’m totally lid off on zerk too

2 Likes

FWIW the Blitz reversal from “what kind of idiot would pick a big midfielder just to protect the kids, Worsfold/Skipworth/Dodo is an idiot” to “thank heavens we’ve gotten a big midfielder to protect the kids, Rutten/Cara/Dodo is a genius” is an absolutely magical bit of trolling.

Or just a stark lesson in cognitive dissonance.

3 Likes

Another I didn’t see, sorry :frowning:

That’s concerning.

Sounds like the new guys are having trouble fitting in, especially with all that talk about Cutler looking surly.

3 Likes

Geez you’re laying it on a bit thick today mate. Any danger of not berating the joint and many of those within it every second post?

2 Likes

I mean, there’s a lot of differing opinions, it’s not just one hive mind.

It’s like saying that Blitz is just one big cantankerous ■■■■■■■, arguing just for the fun of it.

1 Like

Yes it isn’t.

:wink:

2 Likes

THE FISH.