Pre-season training 2019-12-05 Thursday

Thanks for the report @nackers …I know its only early days…but the intensity from Hibberd, and Townsend is great to hear. Also the addition of Snelling to the midfield mix…

Would be interesting to add in a fit Heppell, Merrett and Shiel to the contest

Also having a fit Phillips, plus beachcomber will mean that they dont have to take it easy to get through the season and can bash and crash…Plus also the Mountain (Draper) will surely make his debut next year.

Thinking of the potential debuts next year is wonderful isn’t it
*Draper
*Mosquito
*Gown

plus the new bunch
Cahill
Hibberd
Townsend
Jones

Doubt Bryan, Jones or Johnson(acl) will debut, but you never know.
Jones and Bryan’s next 12 month will all be about putting on size and competing at VFL level.

Yes we were talking about that in our group today, how a lot of other teams already have the new guys in training. I think it’s a good idea, all part of giving them a more rounded introduction to the club, and hopefully creating better commitment

3 Likes

Another thing of note today is Draper started doing lateral movements today along with straight line running. I think he will be touch and go for the start of the season.

25 Likes

Michael Caine

We’re so getting fined.

2 Likes

(Not that I expect it to happen in R1,) but I like the prospect of both Phillips and Drapper gunning for Bellchambers’ spot, purely as motivation for Bellchambers to lose his (what I perceived as) complacency and do something special.

2 Likes

Gleeson grabbed a ball and said ‘let me show you how to do it’, snapping it through the main ones with ease.

He make my 22 side he is very underrated I also see him taking big strides next year

Yep… this sounds like our thing.

j/k. Thanks nackers.

1 Like

In seasons past we’ve kicked it straight to defenders…so why not this too…

2 Likes

And who actually turned out to be guilty.

Great to read that we are upping the pressure at training. Let’s hope it pays off in two ways, one we actually start putting real pressure on the opposition and two we learn how to cope with pressure from our opponents.

1 Like

Hmmm… Maybe some proof reading before I post wouldn’t hurt

Bugger that. More time typing new things, and less time proof reading gives us more to talk about.

2 Likes

Hopefully Draper becomes the next elite ruckman plucked from the rookie draft.

His talent was obvious from day 1 tbf.

1 Like

I get it.

I just think I’d prefer if we started Smith in there. Especially if, as mooted, we’re aiming to up our defensive pressure again.
Bit more zip, bit more of a defensive edge.

Then have Hibberd as essentially Heppell’s backup (seemed to be how we used Langford at times this year).

As I may have mentioned (8 or 900 times!), I’m not as sold on tall mids automatically = good clearance mids.

1 Like

Surely this is what they have in mind.

1 Like

He was cleared and released from prison I thought.

I think he was yes

No he didn’t.

1 Like

Get Carter !!

1 Like