Pre-season training began - Monday 21 Nov 2022

Blitz

3 Likes

Agree. I remember when Woosha’s and Truck started we went behind the scenes in the first week and saw them talk to players, give some insights etc. we felt part of it. This time I feel like we’re getting the very minimum basic stuff. I don’t feel like we’re on the journey with the coach or the club yet. Feels like they’re keeping a bit of a bubble around the club and players etc.

Just my overall perception.

In the end we end up chasing great guests and interviews on podcasts like The Lunchtime Catch-up or The Donscast etc to get our insights. Whilst they’re great, they exist because they’re filling a void left by the Clubs. In my view Essendon has dropped the ball over the last 12-24 months in this area. And we now can’t be blaming covid. The Club needs to reopen again, physically and via its various communication means to bring its supporters back involved and feeling connected to the club……

I hope potential Directors are reading this :smile::thinking::ok_hand:

6 Likes

I want substance over content

2 Likes

Head down bum up. I appreciate that some people like to know what the kids have for lunch etc, that’s the modern obsession, but whether by intent or accident I prefer efc just going about the business of getting gooder at footying. Screw the press who happily screwed us for years

12 Likes

Well , Scott has only just started to get a handle on the reality of the list.
What I read was that he had pitched a plan, had long discussions with the board, then on arrival has had to review the players strengths and weaknesses, and now is getting into training with the football, seeing the results of some of the testing etc .

Only after say, 1 month of real contact with the playing group, will he be able to even start to get into deep and meaningfuls about where the club is at.

4 Likes

I don’t agree, that’s the easy apologist view. Club under pressure, never been good when the social media team were good so close shop and actions and no words. I just don’t agree with it.

Clubs live for its members. Essendon external review pointed to fact it recognises it has lost connection with its supporters. It recognises it needs to reconnect. I just think the last week showed it’s yet to show signs it’s opening up and reconnecting. I’m just holding the club accountable to its external review :smile:

More seriously, the sooner the CEO is appointed the sooner we can hopefully get back on track. Both with football and member / fan engagement.

1 Like

I am prepared to read some training reports, wait until the preseason matches, then the first 6 weeks before I start complaining about the club and its communications.

For me leave out the puff, bring me the wins so we are at least level with the ledger by Anzac Day.

2 Likes

Fair enough, that’s your view. I can click on the official site and find more than enough new content on the draft, never mind that only one of the new kids is actually at the club so far. As far as efc being under pressure, what’s new? Feels like the least pressure we’ve been under for years, it’s all good news since wednesday and I’m sure there’ll be puff pieces incoming if that’s what floats your boat.

It’s not apologist btw to have a preference for restraint and modesty from your club which has been eagerly licking the hand of its master since the saga and doing and saying all the ‘right’ media things, albeit farking up everything else on and off field.

3 Likes

I just want to see Walla hug Munkara and the Davey boys

5 Likes

How do you do the estimate ? Just interested as we make and sell scientific instruments and in one particular field, I know people who can pull out a figure based on experience and when we test it with a $100,000 research instrument, they are within 5%. What I have read says that Body Fat and BMI are not related, but I am not sure about that. In any case there is one thing I am certain that if Stringer is over 20% then Dean Rioli was closer to 50%.

Not everything, but I can read and comprehend, unlike you.

where’s my “i don’t care where they post it because @Speedy_Gonzales will post it on blitz for me” option

6 Likes

We should expect both on field wins AND good communications and engagement. We’ve been conditioned to accept wins only. I want both!

1 Like

Where’s the survey where I can select “Mad Dog Fan Rants”?

There needs to be a “where are they now” investigative doco done on MAD DOG

If Essendon’s attention, focus & spend is currently on setting the football department up for success rather than on social media I am one who applauds the refocus. I want football success and you need to priorities resources.

Let the social media updates happen once you have the key backyard in order first.

4 Likes

Essendon, it’s simple, if you can’t do the small things well, you’ll never do the big things well. Whether it be the social media department or players missing targets at training and not being held accountable.

1 Like

Good one :+1::+1:

Stringer would fall somewhere in between 17-22 id guess.
He is absolutely not below 15.

1 Like

@Ian_Curtis father of training reports now