Pre-season training began - Monday 21 Nov 2022

This one is about soccer players

https://www.researchgate.net/publication/11946585_Body_Composition_of_Professional_Football_Soccer_Players_Determined_by_Dual_X-Ray_Absorptiometry

This is specific to AFL but you need to go through the references as well

https://www.google.com.au/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=&ved=2ahUKEwjW9-_X3NX7AhXP7nMBHcL8A6oQFnoECAgQAQ&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.topendsports.com%2Fsport%2Fafl%2Fanthropometry.htm&usg=AOvVaw37ltwPUeK9LN0q2iu6Q3rT

I will find the other one I quoted and post it

My second love after the bombers is man city in the prem. They put out weekly training videos and “inside the club” type behind the scenes stuff. Its often pretty basic but its brilliant for giving the fans a sense of attachment and involvement with what’s happening.

An example:

I can’t imagine this kind of stuff would be difficult for a PR team to pump out regularly.

3 Likes

Seriously. I am a physique coach for a living. Estimate body fat measurements on the daily. Stringer is over 20% and most AFL football players are around 13-15%

8 Likes

Dont bother mate.
Bloke knows everything.

3 Likes

I’m genuinely curious why would a professional estimate something that is quite easily verifiable?

Your own linked articles don’t support your claim. The first one gives the range of body fat %'s for soccer players as between 6.1 to 19.5%, and more than half of the subjects were 12% and above.

2 Likes

Agreed. You see other clubs put draft stuff on their Youtube channels straight away, but nothing on ours. Most of the content doesn’t get uploaded or is days late (so no longer timely and relevant)

3 Likes

This will come. No way does Scott let them get away with this bullshit when the whole group is back.

1 Like

The Kangaroos are doing some great stuff on the back of their draft picks. Lack of CEO and social media resources means less focus. Also no coverage or stories of our drafting in the papers. We’ve lost focus in the media / social media areas.

1 Like

To be fair, not everyone can be as good as Williamstown Football Club.

Australia have a better chance of beating Argentina 6-0 than this happening

Looks like Tarzan plays like Jane?

2 Likes

I didn’t think Australia would beat Denmark.

6 Likes

maybe all the new draftees are shy / reserved.

Anyway, Bomber TV was good back in the day, but we were still crap :slight_smile:

A weekly round up would be good, Expect more draft stuff to drop soon, but your right in the timeliness of it. Maybe they are waiting for all the draftees to be there.

1 Like

yeah can’t imagine why they’d be running a massive positive PR campaign at the moment

1 Like

I won’t buy that tbh. Tsatas isn’t shy at all. In my view our social media and media team more broadly currently don’t have the imagination, focus and possibly resources that some other clubs have. It’s not just the draft focus. It’s the lack of focus or content from our first week of training, it took a long time to hear from Brad Scott and even then it was a 2 -3 minute interview as opposed to something more exciting like scenes from day 1 of training and inside the theatre etc. just my views that’s all.

1 Like

Not sure if this is what you are referring to mate, but the first interview I saw from Brad Scott this preseason was with a 9 year old kid. I mean cute and all, but really we could have got something a lot better.

9 Likes

Maybe they gave up after not being able to compete with the Herbatron who gave us great content :laughing:

Im of the view, the players need too get on the front foot and actually post some footy stuff themselves on their insta and build their personal brand.

I guess im used to the triathletes and runners etc who need to do it themselves, or there is no content.

Ugle sets a good example at VFL level.

Where do supporters want EFC posting most of the content
  • Facebook
  • Youtube
  • Instagram
  • Twitter
  • TikTok
  • AFL app
  • Essendon webpage

0 voters

How often should club be updating fans during the preseason
  • Daily
  • After every training session
  • Weekly
  • fortnightly
  • Monthly
  • Not at all

0 voters

Maybe the social media team are selected just like every other position in the club, pick the next good person who walks past.
Advertising for interns rather than having a proper selection and pay decent money for what these days is a profession based on results.
We are so amateurish in so many ways.

4 Likes

I think there has been heaps of content on the draft and training.

2 Likes