Purple Patches : The best

Purple patches reminds me of Buddy Franklin against us.

I shouldn’t have laughed … but I did.

Shame.

Quoted Post

I'll give you 4 Neale daniher 1981 scum couldn't lay a finger on him in the last 5 mins I was behind the goals 26 pts down in time on to win incredible ..have a look at the fist pump from Neale...he was bobbing up everywhere

This was awesome. Needs video footage …

Last 7 minutes

Quoted Post

Quoted Post
Salmon pulled his hammy and kicked his 10th on one leg before being taken off...could have kicked more

Yeh did you see Ablett trudge off. Not happy. Kicked 14 goals in a side that lost by about 4 goals ! Its the ultimate emotional conflict.
That year Ablett was averaging about 7 goals a game .

He actually kicked 14 goals and 7 behinds...not including the behinds of 5 Essendon players who played on him

Quoted Post

Quoted Post
Quoted Post
Salmon pulled his hammy and kicked his 10th on one leg before being taken off...could have kicked more

Yeh did you see Ablett trudge off. Not happy. Kicked 14 goals in a side that lost by about 4 goals ! Its the ultimate emotional conflict.

He actually kicked 14 goals and 7 behinds...not including all the behinds of the 5 Essendon players he kicked

Ronnie Andrews belted three blokes in one quarter against Carlton at vfl park

A reply to: @Clone_Hirdy regarding QuoteLink

Quoted Post
Quoted Post

He actually kicked 14 goals and 7 behinds...not including the behinds of 5 Essendon players who played on him

And he bagged his teammates for not honouring his leads.

Quoted Post
I'll give you 4 Neale daniher 1981 scum couldn't lay a finger on him in the last 5 mins I was behind the goals 26 pts down in time on to win incredible ..have a look at the fist pump from Neale...he was bobbing up everywhere

Last 7 minutes

Evoked a grreat memory there LBL,

Danka.

Club website adopts another idea from the Blitz, the “open coterie”.

What about Geoff Blethyns 11 goals in a losing score at Windy Hill against Footscray.

Quoted Post

Ronnie Andrews belted three blokes in one quarter against Carlton at vfl park

Demands video.

Llooooooyd 13 goals .

At 20 years old kicks a bag. But look at the awareness of Dean Rioli and Michael Long. Magic touches, and Lloydy didnt let them down.

one year into a purple patch that lasted about 6 years !

Ah, “Let’s boo Bewick” day… even after he kicks one from the boundary from 50 out. Was hilarious.

A reply to: @frosty regarding QuoteLink

Quoted Post

Last 7 minutes

Yep. Neale Daniher definitely my favourite as well. He was moved to centre half forward with about 5 m ins to go and just smashed them. I think that might also be the game when Fitzpatrick had the ball taken off him for taking too long at a critical juncture in the last few minutes. Worth seeing just for that!

A reply to: @Scorpio regarding QuoteLink

A reply to: @frosty regarding QuoteLink
Quoted Post

Last 7 minutes

Yep. Neale Daniher definitely my favourite as well. He was moved to centre half forward with about 5 m ins to go and just smashed them. I think that might also be the game when Fitzpatrick had the ball taken off him for taking too long at a critical juncture in the last few minutes. Worth seeing just for that!

Yes Fitzy had the ball taken off for time wasting. Back in this days it was almost unheard of.

It’s probably why he wants the EFC rubbished and ridiculed so much now!

Quoted Post

What about a quarter of Purple Patch? Great interviews at the end.
1992 Ess v melb Anzac day.... http://

I was 7 at the time of this game, went with my parents and a family friend who was a melbourne supporter with an anger issue. He had drove us all there and, his anger getting the better of him, said he’d meet us at the car since I wanted to stay for the song.
We got to the car and he was nowhere to be found. Waited a while, mobile phones were rare back then, and after an hour took a train home. Turns out in his anger he’d decided to ditch us all there and walk home from Footscray to try and calm himself down.