R.l.P Doc Neeson

From Cramers/Ritches in Preston, via Festival Hall to the Sidney Myers Music Bowl - Doc and the crew held the crowd for the whole performance. Doc was a hellva frontman. Too young to go.

I know a bloke who fell asleep at an Angels concert at the Perth Entertainment Centre.

Fell asleep.

No way

I know a bloke who fell asleep at an Angels concert at the Perth Entertainment Centre.

Fell asleep.

No way

Hammer?

Fell asleep.

No way

Hammer?

No horse involved.

Just a spas who wouldn't know how to have a good time even if surrounded by 10,000+ people.

Just shattered at this news....Doc and The Angels gave me some of my greatest music memories...I was lucky enough to be around in their heyday in the late 70's early 80's

I have vivid memories of seeing them at The Myer Music Bowl where they were special guests of AC/DC when they toured for Back in Black...The Angels owned AC/DC that night...they were ■■■■■■■ brilliant and Doc was at his awesome best.

RIP Doc :(

Some terribly sad rock news for the Aussie music industry with former lead singer of The Angels,Doc Neeson, passing away at the age of 67.

In 2013, The Angels frontman was admitted to hospital over the festive break and underwent intensive chemotherapy over the last six months.

Of course, Doc has long had an association with Triple M. He was a guest host of the Australian music show Home Brew and famously did some midnight-to-dawn shifts in the early 2000s.

We wish Doc and his family all the best.

Well this is a big shock, terribly sad … more here.  

http://www.triplem.com.au/melbourne/music/news/2014/6/doc-neeson-former-lead-singer-the-angels-has-died/

Oh My God !

How many times have I seen The Angels play live and in their previous incarnation as The Keystone Angels.

Favorite song; Marseille

Marsaille was a classic, surprised to learn that it was actually written by John Brewster.

Fashion and fame and No secrets were two golden moments for me.

Out of the blue and Shelter from the rain were the hidden gems.

Love Takes Care

I saw the Angels at LaTrobe, late 70's/early 80's. Support was Paul Kelly & the Dots(Coloured Girls?) & the Sports.

Great night & Doc was in legendary form.