Rating our midfield

I wonder if the club see the middle as a problem currently?

Belly buttons are weird as ā– ā– ā– ā– 

Swab 60 belly buttons and find 1500 bacteria that are new to science??

1 Like

Iā€™ve discovered 50 new shades of blue in mine

5 Likes

Phhffft, ā€¦ another Fluff piece,ā€¦ :smirk:

7 Likes

And we pansed them for the first 3/4. Teams get on a roll and it can be hard to stop. Plus we had bellchambers who couldnt even crawl when the final 1/4 started

1 Like

Hang on, this is the midfield thread, not the lid off thread. As such, itā€™s all of our players who are trucks and crabs, and everyone elseā€™s players who are superstars.

2 Likes

Reading all of this consensus coming into the season seems to be that we are pretty ā– ā– ā– ā– .

Iā€™m a little more bullish this year, I think that Dev Smith transforms us in terms of our intent and commitment around the ball and I think Heppell and Merrett were way down on their best last year. I like to think that with Smith back we should look a bit more like how we looked in the back half of 2018 when it felt like we had finally worked footy out after two decades of rubbish.

I thought there were good signs of that in round one and in the JLT but time will tell!

How has Hibberd been tracking?

Someone said he slotted a few in the intraclub

Yep. I agree that we donā€™t have the one superstar marquee mid, but we do have 4 guys on that cusp-of-AA-level, plus 3 more guys who are more than useful. Itā€™s far from a weakness.

1 Like

Even Clarko agrees

I read the headline of that article and thought Clarko had gone full retard and teeā€™d off on his midfield.

Nope just another click bait headline unfortunately.

Ha, ā€¦ I didnā€™t even bother clicking.

Theyā€™ve cried Wolf in their CB Headlines so many times now, itā€™s a wonder anybody does.

1 Like

Clockwork.

I thought this was pretty brutal:

ā€œTheyā€™ve got a strong midfield, but our midfield lowered their colours tonight,ā€ Clarkson said.

"They won inside the contest and then smacked us on the outside.

"When you lose in both facets of the game itā€™s hard to come back from and to their credit, they played outstanding footy and made us look, I couldnā€™t even say second-rate, maybe third or fourth-rate.

1 Like

Itā€™s possible they simply had a bad game against a good team. Maybe letā€™s see how they go the next few weeks.

Their list is average mate. But yes, too early to call curtains.

Sure itā€™s brutal but the headline is misleading. It read like Clarko said his midfield is fourth rate when he just said they performed fourth rate. Huge difference I reckon.

The Hawks could be without veteran Shaun Burgoyne who will face Match Review scrutiny on Saturday for his dangerous sling tackle on Patrick Dangerfield.
Burgoyne wasnā€™t reported but conceded a free kick.

How many weeks will Burgoyne get?
Danger already trying to help him get off.

Should be a week - it was very late & exactly the type of sling the AFL have said they want to get out of the game.

1 Like