Rd 16: Ess v The Other Tin Rattlers A.K.A Kangaroos

IN: Pears

Send Stein forward with marking ability like that in place of Ambrose. Pears down back.

Would love to have 20k Essendon supporters watching this on the big screen out the front of Etihad just so these carnts don’t get the gate receipts from us turning up.

Out: Browne (concussion), Steinberg
In: Dalgleish, Langford

B: Baguley, Hurley, Gwilt
HB: Hibberd, Hooker, Ashby
C: Z. Merrett, Howlett, Stanton
HF: Ambrose, Langford, Edwards
F: Zaharakis, Daniher, Gleeson
R: Mckernan, Goddard, Heppell
Int: J. Merrett, O’Brien, Dalgleish
Sub: Laverde

In .giles , hocking
Out. Steinberg.ambrose
Hooker goes back

IN: Pears

Send Stein forward with marking ability like that in place of Ambrose. Pears down back.

Yep, I think that’s the last go for Stein. A few games forward and that’ll kinda be yeah or nay.

I wouldn’t bring Pears in yet though.

Will fletch be right?

Next five are winnable.

Norf have some of the shitest supporters going round. Hope we derail their season.

Hope we beat them, im still seething over the final last year. North will be hard to beat at etihad though. Goldstein is so good. Need giles in to rough him up

Next five are winnable.

Be interesting to see if we want to.

We’ve had the pressure release. Close loss our way to an early dip into a shallow draft pool??
Or, try to make the September dance for a cameo???

Hmmm …

How many Tin Rattler club Essendon play in a row?

Not sure Stein and Gwilt will cut it against big forwards next week. Need Hooker back to help. Not sure who goes forward.
Wish it was at the MCG

Play the best side for this week at least.
For all the carry on about kids, the experienced players were the key today. I know stats aren’t everything but the AFL’s top 10 in order today are Stants, Hurley, Heppell, Daniher, Goddard, Bags, Zerret, Jerrett, Gwilt and OBrien. The only “kid” is Zerrett who is already best 22 and established.
Every other year someone makes a run from nowhere at the 8, why not us this year? The intensity was up this week but let’s not kid ourselves, we won because Daniher kicked straight and Melbourne kicked 7.18. We need to do better next week.
If Hocking and Myers come up I’d play them for Laverde, who did OK but needs more time, and Browne who was concussed. And we’d better spend more time practising crumbing to the opposition ruck.
And if Fletch is OK he is faster, taller and a better kick than Stein.
If we lose next week then by all means we can embrace “vertical streaming” but while the embers are glowing add some decent kindling.

Not sure Stein and Gwilt will cut it against big forwards next week. Need Hooker back to help. Not sure who goes forward. Wish it was at the MCG

Agree.
Fletch will likely be OK.
Giles in, giving Smack a run forward to support JoeDan.

In:
Hird, Bewick, Peverill, M.Johnson, M.Long

Out:
Browne, Ashby, Steinberg, J.Merret, Gleeson

Would love to have 20k Essendon supporters watching this on the big screen out the front of Etihad just so these carnts don't get the gate receipts from us turning up.
I agree people, don't attend.

We’ll win.

In current circumstances, I don’t expect to beat this mob (they are currently flogging Geelong), but I wouldn’t change the team up too much, regardless. Let the kids play - we need to know what they have, especially against the better sides. Who will stand up?

Minimum changes: Out - Browne (unluckily concussed), Ambrose; In: Hocking, Giles (surely, would do no worse than Ambrose?)

would be good for nth and the AFL to get Fark all gate takings but I gotta get in there and see Shaunye and the rest of the kids tear the kangas a new ***.

In current circumstances, I don't expect to beat this mob (they are currently flogging Geelong), but I wouldn't change the team up too much, regardless. Let the kids play - we need to know what they have, especially against the better sides. Who will stand up?

Minimum changes: Out - Browne (unluckily concussed), Ambrose; In: Hocking, Giles (surely, would do no worse than Ambrose?)

Ambrose and Smack will not be able to compete against Goldstein who was BOG tonight. Paddy in partiular will be monstered.