Rd 16: Ess v The Other Tin Rattlers A.K.A Kangaroos

would be good for nth and the AFL to get Fark all gate takings but I gotta get in there and see Shaunye and the rest of the kids tear the kangas a new ***.
THIS.

Todd Goldtsein was pretty good for the Roos tonight. A key reason for the their win. We will need to be able to match him, or at least not dominate the ruck.

Goldy will slaughter smack

In current circumstances, I don't expect to beat this mob (they are currently flogging Geelong), but I wouldn't change the team up too much, regardless. Let the kids play - we need to know what they have, especially against the better sides. Who will stand up?

Minimum changes: Out - Browne (unluckily concussed), Ambrose; In: Hocking, Giles (surely, would do no worse than Ambrose?)

Ambrose and Smack will not be able to compete against Goldstein who was BOG tonight. Paddy in partiular will be monstered.

Interestingly, I thought Ambrose was immense against Gawn in Q3 for a period when he “rucked” by being hugely competitive.

I the coaches video, Mark Harvey sung Anbrose’s praises for this effort and said he had to keep coming on or off for what are now the obligatory 5-6 stitches.

In current circumstances, I don't expect to beat this mob (they are currently flogging Geelong), but I wouldn't change the team up too much, regardless. Let the kids play - we need to know what they have, especially against the better sides. Who will stand up?

Minimum changes: Out - Browne (unluckily concussed), Ambrose; In: Hocking, Giles (surely, would do no worse than Ambrose?)

Ambrose and Smack will not be able to compete against Goldstein who was BOG tonight. Paddy in partiular will be monstered.

Goldstein is a class above Gawn, smashed Geelong all night, is good at ground level as well, and has good foot skills.

Interestingly, I thought Ambrose was immense against Gawn in Q3 for a period when he “rucked” by being hugely competitive.

I the coaches video, Mark Harvey sung Anbrose’s praises for this effort and said he had to keep coming on or off for what are now the obligatory 5-6 stitches.

They won, so make the minimum number of changes possible.

If Browne doesn’t come up for air, it’s a good excuse to bring in Giles.

If Melksham has to come in, let the worst-performing player make way for him. That’s Zaharakis: he’s done nothing interesting this year; his game is bland imitation vanilla these days - he needs a spell in the Magoos to get his game together again.

The others should stay. This week (with that one exception) they earnt their places.

Giles MUST come in. MUST. Goldstein destroyed Dawson and Blicavs tonight in the ruck. McKernan needs some help surely!

In: Giles Out: Browne (concussion)

B: Baguley Hooker Gwilt
HB: Hibberd Hurley Ashby
C: Goddard Stanton Z.Merrett
HF: Zaharakis McKernan Ambrose
FF: J.Merrett Daniher Edwards
R: Giles Heppell O’Brien
I: Gleeson Laverde Steinberg SUB: Howlett

I hope that diving cheat misses again.
NO’B to tag Ziebell. Need Hooker back for one of their 3 talls.

Play the best side for this week at least. For all the carry on about kids, the experienced players were the key today. I know stats aren't everything but the AFL's top 10 in order today are Stants, Hurley, Heppell, Daniher, Goddard, Bags, Zerret, Jerrett, Gwilt and OBrien. The only "kid" is Zerrett who is already best 22 and established.

4 sub 50 gamers there (bolded).
Not sure where you’re drawing the line (teenage?) but 3rd/4th year and under 50 games is very early days.

Please don’t leave Steinberg on Ben ■■■■■■■ Brown.

Play the best side for this week at least. For all the carry on about kids, the experienced players were the key today. I know stats aren't everything but the AFL's top 10 in order today are Stants, Hurley, Heppell, Daniher, Goddard, Bags, Zerret, Jerrett, Gwilt and OBrien. The only "kid" is Zerrett who is already best 22 and established.

4 sub 50 gamers there (bolded).
Not sure where you’re drawing the line (teenage?) but 3rd/4th year and under 50 games is very early days.

It depends who’s completely 100% running fit.
The stats do say the young guys had the best disposal efficiency.

Also Goldy would beat Giles anyway?
3rd Q set up worked well, keep that going.

Plus young guys involved in these…
Essendon scored 3.5.(23) from stoppages to Melbourne 0.5.(5) despite Melbourne winning the clearances and scored 5.2.(32) from defensive links compared to the Demons 0.4.(4).

Don’t get carried away. We beat Melbourne by 9 points, Kangas smashed Cats.

Need Hocking and Fletcher back, out with Stein and O’Brien.

The rogering from the umpires will be horrific. I can only imagine how upset they are we beat them by 9 points

In dalgliesh Giles Out Browne(INJ) Ambrose Keep playing kids Everyone on the list

Based on Mark Harvey’s comments post match Ambrose won’t be dropped. Still would like to see Giles in ahead of Ambrose to see how we would do with McKernan as a second ruck and CHF. That would release Hooker back. Only other option is drop Steinberg but I want us to keep playing him so we can really assess what he has got to offer.

Hocking might come in which I think would be good just to add a little bit of grunt. Maybe for Browne if he doesn’t come up.

Don't get carried away. We beat Melbourne by 9 points, Kangas smashed Cats.
Melbourne comfortably beat Geelong!
I only start this thread early to note that at least some tickets for this North home game are currently being sold at 40% off.

Hahaha. Wow.

Don't get carried away. We beat Melbourne by 9 points, Kangas smashed Cats.
Melbourne comfortably beat Geelong!

Yesterday they looked like a team, more than a group of individual players.

Hirdys oft quoted maxim, about playing too many young players is probably correct. Yesterday we played a team which was 4/9, like us. So 12/22 under 40 games was just passable at that level.
I loved the effort of the younger guys but we do need some more experienced guys in for North, change the ratio to 10 out of 22 under 40 games and bring in Heath Hocking and a David Myers if available.

Myers is out for a few weeks yet, Hocking will probably require another game at VFL level given his setback this past week. We don’t have many alternatives.

Can’t stand them. But sadly don’t think we’ll get close based on this weekend’s form.

Can't stand them. But sadly don't think we'll get close based on this weekend's form.
You are probably right, but as Sheedy said this week, and I happily witnessed in '92, there can be a time when young players start to click as a team and that makes for extremely exciting times and viewing. 93 was very special indeed.

It is good to hear how much Hird enjoyed coaching yesterdays game. This enjoyment will be shared throughout this week and you just never know. The Shinboners, having knocked off Geelong again may well approach the game with just a tad too much confidence. They’re not fast and if we can move the ball quickly, we may just give them a fright. Bring in Kommer or Conor and harrass the pants off them!