Rd 17: Team v St Kilda - Woosha gives us the Bird

3 Likes

I’m enjoying the fact that everyone is gushing about the Saints - tv, radio, newspapers - all praising the uprising of that team. All talking about how great Carlisle is going, majority tipping them.

We’ve all talked about typical Essington game build ups, but this really feels like an Essendon game. Total underdogs, out of the spotlight and the Saints are coming off a massive win. It looks good for us.

That or I’m so ■■■■ scared about tonight’s game that I’m just trying to talk myself into being positive!

4 Likes

i thought it was flu

I like that we are the under dog.

Yes saints are flying but the Saints will be coaching this like a final.

• Zerrett will be tagged/targetted
  • I doubt they will try and intimidate fantasia - that only makes him play better.
  • they will play a loose in defence, and also a team zone defence as we struggle with the loose player and we struggle getting through a zone.
  • Daniher will be played tight and they will try and run off Hooker/Stewart so they need to remain dangerous.

If our team can work it through the zone without turning it over, and also hit up the players further afield rather than bombing it long to the loose saints defender we are a chance to win.

Wouldnt be surprised to see them target zaharakis too, he has had good games in our wins.
Stop Zerrett/Zaharakis - Let Myers/Bird Rack it up as they will turn it over.

3 Likes

In the delightful yet unlikely event that we smash 'em tonight, tommorow will be all about how the Saints played like crap. And that includes half of Blitz.

3 Likes

I’m so desperate for the win, I’d be happy with that commentary. None of this beating the best 22 crap, if it’s available, I want a cheap win! :joy:

part, part will be lid off, we will make finals etc, I know which side i will be on
If we get over the saints with the following games against

• Tin Rattles
  • Prermiership Hangovers
  • Blues Rematch
    We should be back in the 8 with some good momentum.
1 Like

Tonight when we shock ththe media world and despatch there love child

10 Likes

So the previous 3 wins to the Saints against the Dons … 2 last year = zero merit + the return game in '15 when the SAGA sh_t hit the fan. I know the Saints have been building since Richardson came on board but with clear air the Dons are a strong chance to reverse the recent trend.

1 Like

This game has no downside. We win, we get a chance to play finals, we lose, we start bringing in talented players like Begley, Laverde, Langford, Francis, Mutch and planning the shape of our list for 2018.

8 Likes

Would still like the win though

10 Likes

fine by me. we are far better served being well and truly under the radar this year… as 2 weeks ago at Etihad will show you…

Bullshit! we wanna play finals, the last few years have been absolutely brutal to sit through as a supporter imo, and now we’ve got a chance to play in september. I don’t know about you but I’d be on a full rager if I got the chance to see us play in an elimination final at G this year. This game has a massive downside, lose and we most likely don’t play finals which will be a real shame cos as we’ve seen, its a year where anyone can beat anyone and our best is pretty damn good.

5 Likes

If we dont play finals this year, it will be largely because of the Carlton and Brisbane games; the season must be judged as a whole in that respect.

If, on the other hand we can string 7 wins together from here, and play finals I will be there loving that chance as much as any Bomber fan.

1 Like

I’ve heard a lot of taking heads harping on about their recent record against us. News flash, every ones recent record against us is good.

Last year they beat us comfortably after a first half arm wrestle and then they fell over the line in a close one which could have gone either way.

What’s more we’ve changed nearly half our side since those two games.

Recent form has counted for naught this year in Games against the Hawks, cats, Eagles and port , even the pies.

This is a coin toss for mine. I’m hoping they have a bit of an emotional come down this week after what would have been a very big build up to their game.

If they’re half a percent off we can catch them out and take the game away from them in a single quarter.

I don’t think they’ve been really hunted yet and we love knocking sides off who have a price on their head. I hope we use bird to drive Ross or Steven nuts and not let them have the have on their terms.

We need a big game from tbell, hepp, Myers and bird to really get on top at stopagges and we need our forward line pressure to be up at 110%

Should be a great game

4 Likes

One side hunted them… The Swans, they smacked them in the contest and smacked by 50 points. Beat the Saints around the ball and they are easily getable on the scoreboard.

3 Likes

I understand but to say this game doesn’t have much downside is a pretty ridiculous statement. Those past matches are exactly that, we have a chance to play finals.

This game has a massive downside

It feels like it will be a tight/close contest with us getting the win

Semantics really. What he’s trying to say that even in the event of a loss there is a positive to come from it, that being development of youth that needs to take us forward.
Another way of putting it… every cloud has a silver lining.

2 Likes

Last time we were this ■■■■■■ off about team selection, we won the game.

Wouldn’t have a clue about how tonight is going to go down.

2 Likes