"Re-integration"

Controversial statement I know, but the last couple of weeks have really changed my opinion on him:

I would like to see Goddard continue to be the captain next year. Wait until 2018 to have Heppell take over

Controversial statement I know, but the last couple of weeks have really changed my opinion on him:

I would like to see Goddard continue to be the captain next year. Wait until 2018 to have Heppell take over

Honestly this would not be a bad thing in the slightest. I would probably still lean towards hepp for 2017 but I think the importance of Goddard through the reintegration period will be absolutely massive.

The more I think about it, the more it makes logical sense to have Goddard retain the captaincy though.

There’s a great article by Emma Quayle in today’s Age about it all.

Re-integration makes me think of Benfti for some reason.

That’s strange.

There's a great article by Emma Quayle in today's Age about it all.

It’s less about re-integration than the list logistics of keeping all the players. I’ve posted it here:

http://www.bomberblitz.com/discussion/discussion/3485/6-12-confirmed-will-be-at-essendon-in-2017#latest

Looking forward to 2018!

Don’t see it as a big issue at all. It’s been known & expected from day dot, it’s not like anyone will be blindsided or shocked. The only way is up, & players are either fully enthused and get their finger out or lift their game to be part of it, or … well, they don’t.

Then they either make it to best 22 for our finals tilt, or don’t.

No different to any year, at any club really, just a bit more extreme change in game performance, with more than ever guns being recruited at once.

All of the 12 would have been aware of any new game plan, & all their training while away would have been structured for it. Of all the problems we’ve had, and will possibly have going forward, I don’t think this one even makes a top 10.

Don't see it as a big issue at all. It's been known & expected from day dot, it's not like anyone will be blindsided or shocked. The only way is up, & players are either fully enthused and get their finger out or lift their game to be part of it, or ... well, they don't.

Then they either make it to best 22 for our finals tilt, or don’t.

No different to any year, at any club really, just a bit more extreme change in game performance, with more than ever guns being recruited at once.

All of the 12 would have been aware of any new game plan, & all their training while away would have been structured for it. Of all the problems we’ve had, and will possibly have going forward, I don’t think this one even makes a top 10.

No different to any year at any club? Strongly disagree. Surely having 12 players who haven’t played a game for 12 months, and bringing them back up to scratch quickly is going to be a tough task.

As I mentioned earlier: Whilst we’d love to think that every player has a great attitude, we have a list of 40 blokes and some people don’t have the training ethics of Brendon Goddard or Brent Stanton. If you’ve ever been a part of a sporting club you’d know that this would be a challenge.

I don’t know Tom Bellchambers personally, but for some reason I put him in the Jake Carlisle mould as someone who doesn’t train the house down which then translates into his game. Anyone else get this vibe?

Anyway, my point wasn’t to single anybody out, but just look at the next 6 months as a whole leading into next season.

I agree. I have just put that in the BJ thread. If Jobe doesnt want the gig then BJ is best placed to bring the team back together.

I don’t see the re-integration of the 12 as a major issue. I think the club have managed to keep a very positive vibe since the mass suspension and it will be a celebration when they get back.

The key thing is that Woosha has made it clear that the returning players have to be fully committed.

Being fully committed to the team means there are no free rides, players will get games on merit, and if any of the 12 are slow off the mark, they will have to catch up to the pace in the VFL if they can.

Just like Fletch refused to play again last year unless he felt he could be best 22, the 12 should be the same. I know Fletch didn’t play any VFL, but the elite in the 12 will need to back themselves to make the 22.

If Jobe and Stants aren’t sure they can find or maintain best 22 form in 2017, they have to deal with that before they choose to come back. I want them there, but part of them taking their time to make their choice for 2017 may be that question. Alternatively they may be considering if them coming back is the best thing for the club in terms of developing this young 2016 side.

It’s unprecedented. No one knows how it’s going to go. It’s not the same as a couple of players out with season ending injuries. Those guys get to be around the club while they’re out. The other thing is that there’s what, 7-8 of them who we expect to walk back into the seniors without a problem. It doesn’t seem like a big deal integrating when you consider it on an individual basis but it’s a lot of players. Yeah, they’re not injured but they need to catch up with a missed season where a new coaching group has taken the side in another direction. It’s going to have to be done with no fuss, no doubts and no hard feelings from anyone. The club and the list needs to be completely united on this. If it does work fairly seamlessly it will be as big a triumph as anything else we’ve survived in this.

And, don’t doubt for a second that all of this will be at the forefront of the press next season. If we are winning, it won’t be. As soon as we falter it will be.

It's unprecedented. No one knows how it's going to go. It's not the same as a couple of players out with season ending injuries. Those guys get to be around the club while they're out. The other thing is that there's what, 7-8 of them who we expect to walk back into the seniors without a problem. It doesn't seem like a big deal integrating when you consider it on an individual basis but it's a lot of players. Yeah, they're not injured but they need to catch up with a missed season where a new coaching group has taken the side in another direction. It's going to have to be done with no fuss, no doubts and no hard feelings from anyone. The club and the list needs to be completely united on this. If it does work fairly seamlessly it will be as big a triumph as anything else we've survived in this.

And, don’t doubt for a second that all of this will be at the forefront of the press next season. If we are winning, it won’t be. As soon as we falter it will be.

If we are winning it will be because of the long term effects of tb4

It's unprecedented. No one knows how it's going to go. It's not the same as a couple of players out with season ending injuries. Those guys get to be around the club while they're out. The other thing is that there's what, 7-8 of them who we expect to walk back into the seniors without a problem. It doesn't seem like a big deal integrating when you consider it on an individual basis but it's a lot of players. Yeah, they're not injured but they need to catch up with a missed season where a new coaching group has taken the side in another direction. It's going to have to be done with no fuss, no doubts and no hard feelings from anyone. The club and the list needs to be completely united on this. If it does work fairly seamlessly it will be as big a triumph as anything else we've survived in this.

If we are winning it will be because of the long term effects of tb4

Don’t forget that evil super drug “AOD”

Fuckthepress

Fuckthepress

For sure.

I can’t see it being an issues, the guys that had to take time off are all experienced professionals, like Danger at the cats they will just slot in without too much fuss.

In fact they will probably be able to take it easier with all the young players taking the lead. I imagine Jobe would relish not having to direct traffic all game and drive training standards like te past.

I tell you how we integrate them;

Have the first training session with all the returning players at Etihad stadium.

Get as many of the members, supporters both local and interstate to the session.

Pack the damn stadium out and give them a life experience they will never forget.

Make it an event, unprecedented in afl history!!

Show the rest of the competition the Essendon heart still beats strong.

THAT is how WE do it!!!

When and where is the BBQ for supporters?

The first training session back should be streamed via the website would be great to watch guys like Hep,Hooker etc hugging Essendon staff and coaches.