Recruitment - read before you move the post pls!

There is a key area in recruitment at the Club we need more than midfielders and natural forwards.........

SPORTS PSYCHOLOGIST

I know we have one at EFC but FFS we cant keep losing games to Melb, Saints and Richmond and just fall over the line against GSW, Bulldogs and Lions!

We would have to be one of the worst teams ABOVE THE SHOULDERS!!!

We consistently drop games we should win to the extent that I feel more confident against teams above us than below us. And as soon as i heard a few players mentioning the finals before the Swans game I started to cringe. If the players were not getting ahead of themselves talking about finals I will go he! I have no doubt that they had us in the finals in their heads with the draw that we had/have after the Swans game and that as usual, they didn't come to play above the shoulders....

Seriously, get someone decent at the club to work on the pyschie of our players. It took a few years of Sports Psychology with Licha to get him to be confident he could be more than just a great VFL player.

And to our sports psychologist, maybe your not getting heard as much as you should or cant influence as much as you could...something needs to be done here!

Thoughts?

Sports psychologist told Richmond to take Conca over Heppell.

There is a key area in recruitment at the Club we need more than midfielders and natural forwards.........

SPORTS PSYCHOLOGIST

I know we have one at EFC but FFS we cant keep losing games to Melb, Saints and Richmond and just fall over the line against GSW, Bulldogs and Lions!

We would have to be one of the worst teams ABOVE THE SHOULDERS!!!

We consistently drop games we should win to the extent that I feel more confident against teams above us than below us. And as soon as i heard a few players mentioning the finals before the Swans game I started to cringe. If the players were not getting ahead of themselves talking about finals I will go he! I have no doubt that they had us in the finals in their heads with the draw that we had/have after the Swans game and that as usual, they didn't come to play above the shoulders....

Seriously, get someone decent at the club to work on the pyschie of our players. It took a few years of Sports Psychology with Licha to get him to be confident he could be more than just a great VFL player.

And to our sports psychologist, maybe your not getting heard as much as you should or cant influence as much as you could...something needs to be done here!

Thoughts?

Maybe it's the opposite?

Rudi Webster.

Is that Dr Rudi from Life Support?

They don’t need their minds read, they need a kick up the backside and missing finals may actually be that kick.

Essendon midfielder Brendon Goddard believes it is important his side focus on each week as it comes rather then look towards a finals campaign.

The Bombers most likely need to win two of their last three games of the season against West Coast, Carlton and the Gold Coast to make the eight after Friday night‘s loss to Richmond.

Goddard said he was confident his side had what it took to stay focused on the task ahead of them.

“As long as we stay process driven then we will be in a good place,” Goddard said.

“We know the position we are in, everyone is well aware of it, we are not going to hide away from the fact that we need to win.

“It is important that we focus on who we are playing in each particular week.

“When you do get caught up talking finals at this time of year with the position we are in it does become overwhelming and a burden.

“It is important for us to stay focused on the task at hand and if we do play finals that is just a result of what has happened over the last three weeks

I’d prefer a cutting edge sports psychology program, than a cutting edge supplements program.

Maybe hire some guy who calls himself ‘The Shrink’ and see if he knows anybody who’ll do A Clockwork Orange style brainwash program.

But putting that hilarious hypothetical aside… I actually kind of agree with the OP

Agree with OP. Our Sports Psychologist is as effective as our goal-kicking coach. Maybe they should swap jobs? Couldn't do worse.

Agree with OP. Our Sports Psychologist is as effective as our goal-kicking coach. Maybe they should swap jobs? Couldn't do worse.

We have a goal-kicking coach?

Get NLM as our sports pysc

Put the gloves on and toughen up!!

We need someone called "the weapon" but without the drugs

Is this true?  Full story pls

i love that guy

Rudi Webster.

yeah mon

Lie back and tell me about your father Van der