Reminders you're getting old

Yeah! My mom called them nappies.

You beat me by 1 year. It’s my 40th anniversary this year.

4 Likes

How the ■■■■ have you survived that long.

You deserve all the awards.

2 Likes

The above conversation made me realise I have worked(in the workforce) 16 years out of 35 possible, with 12 years being a carer. My last stint is coming up 8 years, it’s been a good balance

4 Likes

Only 27 years in this current joint, I’m not exactly sure how I’ve survived.

1 Like

[quote=“Hoffy, post:1069, topic:20074, full:true”]
Only 27 years in this current joint, I’m not exactly sure how I’ve survived.

Bravo. When you go
2ziw28

1 Like

There isn’t a more accurate picture of what will happen when I go. Truth bombs everywhere.

5 Likes

50th anniversary on Friday.

7 Likes

My second stint at MEL airport, 16 years, comes to an end this Friday. No more shift work and working public holidays for me, yippee.

12 Likes

Congrats Jetster. Enjoy whatever the next adventure is.

2 Likes

Thanks Hoffy

2 Likes

I would be coming up to 45 years this March…except for the fact that I was made redundant last June.

And I’ve discovered that you don’t get a job if you have no interest in looking for one.

14 Likes

How many years left?

I’m 20 years in. I’m punching out as soon as my super lets me.

2 Likes

3 yrs to go (and trying not to count), that’s when super allows me. I’m not going any further.

3 Likes

Is the magic number 63?
See this…

I planted this tree in the road reserve below our house with my then 3 yo daughter, 19 years ago.

17 Likes

Mate I think you missed a 1 at the start of the 45

1 Like

Speaking of trees this one Mum had bought and was growing in a pot, I then moved to front of the house when it was struggling, not long after she died I planted it here, it is amazing now

and from the inside of the canopy

18 Likes

Off to a visit a distant relative later this week, she is my step brothers’ aunt and is 101. We only found out she was still in the land of the living and in care a couple of weeks. A visit is long overdue.

5 Likes

Making sure she remembers you in her will?