Reminders you're getting old

Hardly likely. We didnt know she was still living until just before Christmas. She has 3 grown kids and umpteen grandchildren as well. The grand kids l have never met.

You know, the problem with this, is it the current generation of 40 - 50 year olds, who allowed that to happen. So, in a way, it’s a direct reflection of the meme you present.

14 Likes

Ive been a chef longer than my kitchen team have been alive.

5 Likes

As individuals or as a combined team?

4 Likes

Offically playing over 35’s soccer this season. Can’t keep up with the youngens any more.

1 Like

Still dancing in the dark, but only because he took his glasses off and can’t find the light switch.

4 Likes

My 18yo stepniece just showed me a music video that she thought was ‘old, but really funny anyway’.

It was Eminem, who was one of the reasons I STOPPED listening to triple J back in the day.

Went to see Dead South in Fortitude Valley. I was by no means the oldest one there, but I got a drink spilled down my back and watched the bloke in front of me vomit like a fire hydrant all over the floor. Good times.

1 Like

10 Likes

When your age is Jye Menzie and you’re quickly running out of jumper numbers as players.

I always felt young whilst Fletcher was playing as were the same age. As soon as he retired it went down hill fast.

2 Likes

Hirdy is 50 today…

7 Likes

Yeah, saw that in one of the treads yesterday. That made me feel very old

2 Likes

We can only hope his 50th goes better than his 40th did. :broken_heart:

5 Likes

First competitive game of over 35’s tonight.

Great game. A 3-2 win with the last kick of the game.

Gunna feel this in the morning

3 Likes

And yep, yes I am feeling it in the morning.

6 Likes

You know you’re getting old when you’re firmly in category 3.

3 Likes

Plenty of well age roosters in this lot.

But seriously, that was great fun. Glad I signed up

7 Likes

It has come to pass that the elderly relative passed away last Friday, l knew when l saw her through the window that she would not have long to go. The recent attempt to visit her was as much to catch up with her grown kids, as it was any attempt to see her. I can’t remember the last time l saw her youngest daughter, but a quick calculation put the figure at over 50 years. The funeral has yet to be announced.

Condolences CJ