Return Fire in Dallas

The power of one:

People in the US are comparing this picture to the man who stopped the tanks in Tiananmen Square. Have they gone nuts?

This is a classic picture. It is strongly symbolic , it stands with some of the great photos : the fleeing girl in Vietnam, the Tank Man, the Afgan girl.

I see no harm in comparing it with the the photo of the Tianamen tank man.

Given that white police in America seem to exercise diminished restraint when given the opportunity to shoot black Americans, there is no doubt the woman has a lot of courage.

How many black women have they shot?

Sandra Bland died in custody after being pulled over for a minor traffic stop (not keeping to the curb or something similar). She was violently arrested by white police and jailed for a number of days because she couldn’t make bail. She eventually committed suicide.

She was on her way to a new job at the university.

Everyone's conditioned now to meh at everything. Everyone's either completely apathetic or terrified so either do ■■■■ all or spend. World keeps a turnin. Seriously if little green men want to take over nows the time.

RACIST.

America is fkd

Mods - please sticky.

Surely I am not the only one that can't work out what is happening in that photo?

She is refusing to get off the road. They are arresting her.

Its the imagery that is affecting people. White men in numbers in very heavy riot gear, one black woman in a summer dress and sandals with no protection, complaining about black men and women being killed by white police.

America is fkd
...........and nothing will change...........

Who knows, maybe thoughts and prayers will do the trick this time

Unfortunately, they’ll have the same effect as every other time.

State of affairs is just getting worse and worse over there.

Last days of the Roman empire over there in the US.

I’ll take Manhattan in a garbage bag
With Latin written on it that says
“It’s hard to give a ■■■■ these days”

Manhattan’s sinking like a rock
Into the filthy Hudson what a shock
They wrote a book about it
They said it was like ancient Rome

• Lou Reed

Half his friends are stuffed into black body bags
With their names printed at the top
Christmas in February

Surely I am not the only one that can’t work out what is happening in that photo?

The power of one:

People in the US are comparing this picture to the man who stopped the tanks in Tiananmen Square. Have they gone nuts?

This is a classic picture. It is strongly symbolic , it stands with some of the great photos : the fleeing girl in Vietnam, the Tank Man, the Afgan girl.

Given that white police in America seem to exercise diminished restraint when given the opportunity to shoot black Americans, there is no doubt the woman has a lot of courage.

So you are nuts then. Sheesh, not even close.

If you connect with it, OK, but thats very subjective. The Tianamen photo really fails on the image quality criterion. Would the Afgan Girl photo be recognised as possibly the greatest photo of all time, if it was a ■■■■■■ image taken by a cheap chinese tv camera ?

The power of one:

So you are nuts then. Sheesh, not even close.

The power of one:

That wouldn’t be acceptable.

Everyone has lost the plot over there.

The power of one:

The power of one:

Dancing with the tsars?

The power of one:

To have “gone nuts” presupposes they came from some other situation.

The power of one:

I didn’t read it but the latest Bolt article looked like it went something like ‘this proves that black people hate whites…’

yaco, bringing people together!

The power of one:

Maybe he didn't think he needed to verbalise the opinion that murder is wrong.

When you want to quell a violent situation you condemn the violence and make it known to stop doing it when you are one of the leaders of the public situation. To not say anything indicates that you sympathise with the perpetrator of the violence. If the guy was just a joe blow who was there, then no he need not say anything but when you are the organiser of the event that lead to the death of 5 innocent people then you have a responsibility to condemn the violence.

Do you want to read the last half of your last sentence again?

Do you want to stop being obtuse?

I think it’s wrong enough to give you another shot at it.

It amazes me at how much of a wanker you can be at times Wim.

I’m trying to be nice.

No you’re not, you’re being deliberately abtuse.

I apologise for being unclear.
I think…‘but when you are the organiser of the event that lead to the death of 5 innocent people then you have a responsibility to condemn the violence.’ is a long way from reasonable.

It’s perfectly reasonable. It may not be his personal fault, but he does have the responsibility to condemn the violence.
Why? What does it contribute? What does it change?
Maybe no one needs to then.