Revel in how Essendon beat the Eagles - 2021 round 11

Wow I thought he was big in the second half, but that is huge.

Can’t wait for the new housing devolpments to start being built, then I can move into Heppellville 3221

4 Likes

It’s an easy chip kick if he sees him.
I’m assuming he saw open goals and eyes lit up.

Yeah he seemed to mouth that to Stringer, that he didn’t see him.

4 Likes

He’s like a new recruit, I can’t remember the last time an Essendon player reignited their career like he has off the back of a positional change.

1 Like

OK, I just saw this in the Kayo thread.

Stringer did the same thing to Walla, but nailed it. Sometimes the goalposts are blinding.

3 Likes

I still think the Eagles were kissed on the ■■■■ by the umpires. But yes it was amazing because they actually paid us some free kicks that were actually there for a change, instead of just ignoring them like they normally would.

2 Likes

Nat will never ever ever ever be called for throwing apart from that i thought they were pretty good.

I watched the replay last night

But I’m thinking watching the last quarter with breakfast wouldn’t hurt

4 Likes

Franga Hanga posted this. I loved it last night and I love it even more watching it again. That effort

17 Likes

It sounded more like a sad pathetic begging than booing to me - oh save us our dear umpires, they knew we were in the progress of trimming their nuts off.

Just got back in to service area. Can’t stop smiling. Some serious rewinding about to go on here

2 Likes

Great post.

I hate to say it, but he’s not young. He’s 30 in July :sob:

1 Like

I am not so sure about this.

In past games, the team has dropped its head a bit if they are not getting any reward for effort. After all, we have lost 3 games by under 3 points. Further, in this game, WC had two players on the bench with injuries, so they had lost any chance of normal rotations. The game was there for the taking.

Stringer kicked the opening goal of the final term.
At this point, I think the team needed this reward for all the effort they put in. It gave the Bombers their first lead of the night in driving rain.
In the past, rain has been the Bombers kryptonite.
Stringers third goal came with seven minutes remaining and it delivered Essendon a nine-point buffer.

1 Like

Mrs WOB: “hey babe you outside, how bout we smoke some MEAT tod… WTF”

WOB: “Ohhh ahh the guys on an internet forum told me to do it”

33 Likes

TBH Berisha “this wasn’t how we thought 2021 would pan out either”
But having you blue scum below us on the ladder is how things should be this year & always

1 Like

I’ve just finished watching 2nd half replay and now seen this

Brilliant WOB :joy:

What a feel good start to my day!

This article from the Age archives is a good read in light of last night’s win against the Eagles. It finishes with:

“But the symbolism of the bizarre match-up of Dustin Fletcher on Phil Matera - a good big man on a good little man - perhaps said just enough.”

I thought Ridley on Ryan was an odd matchup, and it looked to be going badly to start with. But Ridley beat Ryan so many times later in the game. It was a joy to watch.

EMU

EFA

1 Like