Review the ANZAC Day cheating (2019 edition)

I notice that not one Essendon player has put anything on Instagram today - not even one doggy picture. That’s pretty unusual. I’m guessing they are feeling absolutely shattered.

Right, so what is the rule in this particular case? is it allowed?
At what point does the 30 second timer start & stop? Bit hazy on this, but it didn’t seem right to me at the time. Should have been a play on?

Nah can’t do that - that disrespects the reason the game is being played in the first place - the ANZACs. No problem booing Collingwood, the umpires…but that’s a bit too far IMO :frowning:

3 Likes

You missed booing every indigenous player during the Dreamtime game!!!

1 Like

If the players are half as angry as me they are gonna tear Geelong a new one.

I’m hoping Guelfi, Ambrose, Hurley and Hooker just start smashing ■■■■■ legally.

This could make our players fkn rage and play unsociable which would be sensational. Just fkn hurt out opposition at every fkn turn.

I’m angry.

2 Likes

Impressed/disappointed.

1 Like

Some were veeeeeery close… and of course a stack of Donningtons were removed.

Pls.

3 Likes

Can someone give me time stamps for all the cheating?

The umpiring didn’t cost us the result, but it cost us TWO chances to ‘steal it’. A few people have now noticed the in the back free to Thomas was paid at 1:10 left and he took his kick at 0:20. He was given 20 extra seconds to run the clock down. Had we kicked out at 0:33 instead of 0:13 left - who knows.

Also I remember our boys were set up beautifully nicely attacking side during that Guelfi tackle. Parish and Zakarakis were all alone in the centre square against one Pies defender minding the back end of the square.

2 Likes

we need some of the lawyers to figure out a way people can claim temporary insanity for the actions to get away with it.

1 Like

Agreed smooth. I was most pleased with the resilience shown yesterday. I was more convinced yesterday that we have what it takes to go deep this year. It’s all mindset for us now IMO. If we back up well next week and play an ultra competitive game, we’re making progress. The tendency has been in the recent past to play a really flat game the week after a supreme effort. Consistency of performance are the hallmarks of too sides. Can we prove we’ve taken the step? Dying to find out.

8 Likes

Fair to say that was a ■■■■ take. And the one above about booing indigenous players at Dreamtime.

Right? Guys?

Some people on here need a reality check. Booing is fine but every action has consequences. During the last post? Indigenous players? Injured players on a stretcher? Calling Goodes names? What might our great legend Michael Long make of some of these comments?
Think before you boo and think before you text.

1 Like

The backline has been so good. They can’t mess with it.

I’m not a fan of playing Francis forward but i’d rather try that than put Hooker there.

2 Likes

Finally some good news!!! (apart from Brown)

3 Likes

Nup. We need Hooker back. Another solution has to be found.
Very sad for Browny. Also saw him come to the bench & then run back out. Huge.

4 Likes

Would not surprise me if they rested him next week also, despite the 10 day break. The scene is set for Laverde to replace Brown then. Lav kicks 3 or more tomorrow in the VFL, you’d think he’s penned in for Geelong.

3 Likes

Yeah i like that idea way more than shuffling around players that are set in there roles. Or Begley, although he might be a bit short.

Hooker is no good up forward.
He marks well but cannot kick goals.
As a defender he is AA. And elevates Hurley to AA. And Ambrose grows another leg.
Has been a rock since returning to the team.

4 Likes

Lav vs Geelong??? What could go wrong?

4 Likes