Review the ANZAC Day cheating (2019 edition)

Gonna be a tough one against Geelong so don’t think the team will expect to win lightly.
Pie’s did very well to keep keep some of our flashy players quiet for the first half, but we worked though it had us the momentum in the last Q. Great effort and was a legit honorable loss that we should learn from.
That’s the only honorable loss I will accept this year though.

Brown’s absence may be a major problem for team balance given that McKernan and Stewart are also unavailable.
I don’t see Laverde as a suitable replacement.

1 Like

I wonder if they’ll give Francis a run in the forward line tomorrow , and if he does well, be Brown’s replacement next week. He used to play forward didn’t he?

Only thing is he probably wouldn’t have heard most of it while his head was getting flushed down the toilet

1 Like

That would be my choice

Maybe Shirley then?

5 Likes

Stay classy Collingwood. From yesterday apparently.

1 Like

You’re not serious

I was hoping someone would post that.

Hey purple flog, there’s your story…

If Smack and Stewart were available either of those over Lav clearly. With Raz to come back, we still need that roaming third tall and Lav is only 4-5cms shorter and is good overhead. The only option is Zac Clarke comes back in for height and give more time up forward to TBC - and as much as I detest that idea, don’t be surprised if we see that happening.

1 Like

Fight looks to be in their cheer squad area, based on seating and flag?

1 Like

Laverde has never demonstrated that he has the ability or endurance to play as a roaming third tall ala Brown, Stewart or Joe Dan.
I also wouldn’t be surprised if Z Clarke came in. Hell, he has a body body so could replace Myers - would be just as effective!!!

ANCAC Day??

Not right that.

1 Like

That’s great news re: Dev Smith, was bracing for a month at least.

No Z.Clarke please. Play Laverde and go with a mobile smaller forward line around JD.

2 Likes

This may sound strange, but that almost feels like bad news. Because it might suggest that it’s Dev’s chronic knee problem rather than something new that will heal and be fine.

Hopefully not.

4 Likes

OUT: Brown (unfortunately) injured, Myers, Parish

IN: Francis, Laverde, Fantasia.

Leave the current backline as is. They are doing a great job. Play Laverde as Brown’s replacement and Francis for Myers. Francis would be well placed in the centre. He has the height, weight and ability to knock a few of those smart a*** Cats around at centre bounces. Fantasia, well he is what we want and expect him to kick goals, something Parish has never been able to do.

5 Likes

Honestly yesterday’s booing has invigorated my love for booing, I hope we own it as a supporter base from here on.

Can’t fkn wait for the next game just to start booing everything.

28 Likes

(won’t boo Ablett though, love him)

5 Likes

Got my feral on for the first time in years. Felt ■■■■■■■ great.

5 Likes