Review the ANZAC Day cheating (2019 edition)

Can’t access the article. But we are now Premiership contenders?

I was speaking to the owner of the gym I go to today (Crows supporter) - he said he thinks Essendon will follows the lines of Collingwood last year. Not the first to say it either (I share the same opinion). I think we’re going to do well this year.

For those that were there, was the vibe more hostile than when the umpire got knocked out?

Had a bit of a look at the last quarter. Boy we made some comical errors.

• tippa floater back into the middle (think it’s the only floater I’ve ever seen him kick)
  • Shiel dropped mark
  • Saad missing bags out at half fwd and his kick to JD being intercepted.
  • Merrett kick to JD intercepted
  • Shiel miss snap with Smith on for an easy spot up.
  • Shiel kick to Pendlebury

Perhaps the big one though - Hurley running under the ball at a marking contest on centre wing and it getting out the back for his man to kick their only goal

16 Likes

I believe we have the team to go deep into september but I also think injuries are going to determine our fate.

1 Like

I normally tone it down with Mrs Scotty about but there was no way that was being anything other than a spray that would kill a nun was unacceptable

I couldn’t give a stuff about booing a champion or whatever Buckley was on about. Pretty much only champions get booed.

I do however believe that the game deserved better. The day is about remembering people who died for us and we spit the dummy over umpiring.

Seriously…the team busted a nut and we got reamed by the umpires…so what…toughen up and move on to Geelong.

Very much so. I’ve got members around me who are usually very meek, and they went right off…

2 Likes

Essendon, particularly in the first quarter, made a lot of fundamental errors, particularly our field kicking missing their targets and handing the Pies the opportunity to set up for four goals. Handball as well, was sloppy, over doing it, missing targets when a kick forward would may have been more beneficial.

Need to be on target next week against the Cats as they are more dynamic and much quicker than the Pies.

Then up to Sydney after a short break. Not our best hunting ground, and Buddy loves playing against Essendon, as we know from past experiences. To be 3 and 5 after the Sydney game would be disastrous.

That free they got in the last 60 seconds or so. I have never seen every single person in all the members bays stand up and lose their ■■■■.

Even the old lady behind me who doesn’t say much lost it!

I’m so booing Ablett next week, mainly cause I know it will annoy Geelong people and hopefully break twatleys brain

5 Likes

Can’t bring myself to watch again.

When and for who was the non 50 we didn’t get when they kicked it away after a free?

For some reason I thought I was the only person that didn’t like Gerard Whateley.

Never seen somebody believe their own hype as much as that bloke.

4 Likes

Stringer I think.

It makes me sick watching the footy now with umpires paying free kicks for high tackles and holding the ball as they should

1 Like

No one likes Gerard Whately. Not even his mum.

11 Likes

TBH not Sydney’s either lately

The only way to stick it up the AFL and other side is to Boo long and hard against the cats. Boo the umpires, boo Ablett, boo Selwood, boo Hawkins boo every time a few kick goes against us.

It will let the entire AFL community know the bombers are back and it’s supporters are gonna let you know about it.

2 Likes

Just another day at Booberblitz

On TV it looked to me like the fix was in.

There was no way to explain how many times Collingwood were allowed to throw the ball at critical stages in the 4th quarter.

1 Like

We match them in the midfield - we win. Our defence can take care of their forwards, and our forwards will beat their defence.

Great insightful post @sweatyman.

1 Like