Review thread: ANZAC Day Dumpster fire

I’m still here. I wish I wasn’t. Have never posted on Blitz from a game before.

Don’t really even know what to say. Goddard always tries. Saad and Guelfi showed a bit.

The rest, jeeeeeesus

1 Like

Baguley is done and dusted.
Myers is the classic example of why Essendon is such a mediocre club going nowhere.
Jackson Merrett has had his charity game and should never be considered again.

Time to blood some youngsters as season 2018 is done and dusted,

3 Likes

Bellchambers for a senior player was disgusting today.

As for joe. Drop him NOW! His attitude stinks

3 Likes

you forgot a few

7 Likes

I think this shows how important Gleeson is to our squad. Not to mention McKenna and Ambrose having holidays doesn’t help either.

Saying that the team performance was disgraceful today. Too many fingers pointing, on field arguments, disagreements between players, poor effort all around.

When we used to need a lift our captain would step up and perform. Watson was always there. Lloyd you’d see him attempt to do something. Hird was just Hird.

Maybe our team does actually understand how our gameplan works but the problem is the opposition have it figured out too. We just don’t understand what to do once that breaks down.

Gloomy at best. Not seeing much light at the end of this tunnel.

Collingwood players worked harder and killed us on the spread. When that didnt happen we were content to give them the ball back through horrid disposal or decisuon making. Our midfield mix just doesnt work.

2 Likes

Thought Parish was good. Was a pity all his touches were in the back half.

Missing run through the middle. Filth defended really well.

Hooker needed to swing forward way earlier.

JD is ■■■■■■■■ me to tears this year.

The pertinent question, that absolutely cannot be avoided, is whether today’s insipid performance was a result of the players or the coaching. Yes, it is a binary question. Our list is just as good as the Pies. For me, today is on Woosha 100%. The boys are confused. Stagnant footy all day, coz they have been criticised for moving the ball too quickly. I am not going to single out players today. This is on Woosha.

13 Likes

Just wanna buy a box of 30 remotes and 7 salad bowls full of pretzels and smash them with a sledgehammer.

9 Likes

Serious issues within the club.

Needs addressing with some desperation now.

4 Likes

I blame the coaches. They will hide behind the injuries but we were out of the contest before they happened

I’m sorry, I know this was probably a heartfelt post, but that was the laugh I needed after such a deflating game.

6 Likes

I saw a stat yesterday that shows we have played the least debutantes in the last two years.

Surely, after today’s effort, it is time to at leas look at some of the kids to see if they are able to provide a better effort than some of the regulars.

4 Likes

BJ and zaka seemed to argue a lot today too.

1 Like

Brendon Goddard spent the entire second half undermining the morale of his team-mates. This is not the first time I’ve seen him do this. If we are going to build anything for this team he must either shut up or play in the reserves.

5 Likes

Can someone give WOB a lift home

3 Likes

Sad.
Disappointed.
Confused

Not a good day.

7 Likes

I just don’t know what to say. I saw a final when I was 13, and it has been all sh*t since. I honestly don’t think I’m ever going to see us successful, I’ll just be destined to watching successful teams on youtube. Ugh. At least you older fans have watched success at some point in your lifes, I haven’t had anything.

2 Likes